Hey, I need some help.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rock4Light, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Alright, so, I've never grown before. I was just wondering if there were some easy to understand tricks or secrets that anyone would think I needed to know. I would also appreciate some grow guides as reference material. Thanks in advance.:wave:

2. Check out Grandpa's Grow Guide. It si a sticky in this section of the forum.

Good luck.

3. Best "secret" to successful grows:
    NEVER TELL ANYONE. NOT A SINGLE PERSON. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Second secret.. Take care of your plants, but leave them the fuck alone too. let them
    do their thing.. spending too much time with your plants, especially for new growers,
    tends to do more damage than good because you'll be touching them, moving them,
    you'll think pruning is necessary when it isn't, etc... etc.

Third secret.. read all of the "sticky" threads, and then read them again because you
    forgot something. Trust me. :)

Fourth secret.. Don't over water. Seedlings don't need much water. Let your plants
    soil dry out before watering again. Feel by weight, not by looks. Do this once or
    twice and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Hope that helps.. good luck!

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

4. Thanks for the tips. And, what exactly do you mean by weight? Should I be precise about it or just feel it out.

5. What he means is to pick up your pots when they are dry (when you think you need to water them). Feel the weight of them. Then, water them and do the same thing. This will give you a rough dry weight and wet weight. That way you don't have to stick your finger in the soil to tell if they need water. You can just pick them up and you should be able to tell.

It's not an exact science. Water them until there is a little runoff from the drainage holes.

Good luck.

6. Does temperature play an important role in the yielding of my plants? Also, how many plants would I have to grow to be able to smoke year round off of my plants?

Sorry for all the idiot questions, but I'm new at this and incredibly ignorant about the subject.

7. Yes, themperature plays an important role. Try to keep your temps in the 70's farenheight and you should be fine.

The number of plants you grow to keep yourself high really depends on how much you smoke. A lot of indoor growers do a perpetual grow which means they can harvest a few times a year.

Most of your basic questions are answered in Grandpa's Grow Guide. You really should read it.

8. BTW. I am a Bad Brains fan too. :) I assume that is where you got your screen name.

9. Hell yeah, man. Bad Brains are incredible. It sucks, though, because it's hard to find anyone who can really get into their music.

And, I'll check out the stickies you guys mentioned.

10. I am old school. Loved them since the late 80's. Been in many a pit at Brains shows. I have pretty eclectic taste when it comes to music. Pretty much anything except country.

But, this is isn't the place for this discussion. Just wanted to say I dug your screen name.

Peace.

11. You can pick yours up ???

12. haha you're such a dick cantharis! :) I love it.. Yeah not everyone can grow
    a jungle on their rooftop in a cool country man. Some of us have to deal with
    where we live and have to make the best of our situations.

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

13. Love you too XXXX

And we all have to make the best of our situations - I am envious of the vast range of composts and ferts that you guys in the US and UK can buy!! But I manage with mixing my own.

14. Where in Spain are you from? Also, what's the laws on marijuana there. I've heard several things about it not being a big deal.

15. Actually Rock4 I am one of the many British living in Spain. I live a few miles south of Alicante, on the crowded and touristy Mediterranean coast. You are allowed to grow here for your own use. There are magazines for growers sold everywhere, and ferts sold specifically for use with MJ.

[​IMG]

You can possess any amount of bud in your home, and carry up to 2 ounces in the street. You are NOT allowed to sell it. But I would never do that. :rolleyes:

16. here's something I like: always have a few rolls of duct tape handy (don't tape your plants obviously), as it has almost infinite uses, and fixes and leaks in pots very well (I did this with a philodendron pot and the thing doesnt leak 1 bit)

17. That's awesome, man. I visited Sevilla not too long ago, and I've wanted to move there ever since. I suppose that's just another reason to do so.

18. So what´s stopping you?

19. Well, it's quite a multitude of reason's. Firstly, I haven't the money for such a move at this period in time. Secondly, I'm not all that fluent in Spanish. Furthermore, I suppose there's that nagging fear of the fact that I'd be moving to an entirely different continent with no connections and no family. So, it would be starting from square one in a totally different place. However, the main reason is just the money. I'm desperately trying to save up enough, but it's not going too smoothly seeing as how America's economy is rate shit at the moment and my living situation isn't affording much leftover income to put towards this goal.

One day though...

One day...

I've been considering moving to Soto Grande. It's mostly just Brits and Irish people there anyway. So, it's not like it would be that much of a change.