Hey I got a question!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Golem-146, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Whats up you mighty fine GC growers?

We'll Ok I have a very simple question to ask you guys! Ok what is the best (proven) tempature that plants undergo photosynthesis? I think it 35. C . Anyway guys help a brotha' out!

2. well it depends for a lot of growers, some will increase temps depending on strain.......like malawi gold, which is African, can be grown at higher temps........anything over 34-35 degrees will usually inhibit growth and development, or certainly start to cause some stress to the plant...........i wouldn't go any lower than 21 degrees and no more than 32 without co2........i try to keep them at approx 25-30.....thats approx 77-86 farenheit..........but it depends on the grower.........Peace out........Sid

3. We'll Ok I have a very simple question to ask you guys! Ok what is the best (proven) tempature that plants undergo photosynthesis? I think it 35. C

well now,

first there are 2 basic types of plants. c3 and c4 plants. that designates the major pathway at temps higher than 32F that the plant uses to fix carbon.

c4 plants can handle very hi temps while still fixing C. these include grasses and cacti and prob a few other spp.

c3 are just the everyday normal pathway. as soon as u get to a large temp...my guess would be 30+C but im sure diff plants shut off at diff temps, after that temp threshold is broke...the plant is at too hi of temp to fix C so it just perspires. or transpires in plant language.

ur question is...what is the MJ best temp?

5-29C ish. cuz its a c3 plant. diff temps also get u diff growing and quality...depending on genetics.

so the answer is...it depends, just like all the other answers in the world :)