hey i got a few questions that may sound dumb but i would appreciate it.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by StGabriel, Mar 30, 2013.

1. OK so I am growing some "medical" marijuana and its actually some seeds a friend brought me from this island in the caribbean. So I'm not entirely new to growing but they are normally grown out doors and they light cycle due to the location of the island is more or less 16/8. Now that I'm am asking this I sorta feel I am answering myself but these are basically auto flowering.. Are there any other possible flowering triggers? Also. If this is so then what exactly would be the flowering period and veg period for something like this??.. As best I can describe this strain is that is indica. That much is clear. But it seem maybe a low percentage sativa. It come from local Martinique weed so its about the same as any weed you would get on the islands.

Attached Files:

2. Oh yeah. Based on the set up and the size of the room I am using what do you suggest to maximize my *lumen output?

3. Seriously.. Is no one going to help me?? I mean am I in the right section or what..?? *bump

4. 104 views.. And no input what so ever...

5. those look almost 100% sativa to me... with a tiny bit of indica.
    but if its an auto flower then they will flower whenever they feel like it. so you keep them on 18/6 or 24/0 or whatever veg light cycle you want and they will do what they are good at on their own. what makes you think they are autos? usually a certain amount of dark cycle will trigger a plant to start flowering, it could be 10hrs of darknes 8hrs, or close to 12 hrs of darkness.. it depends on the plant. most people set their darkness for 12hrs to make sure it flowers, although you could flower a plant on 14/10 for example, if your plant allows it.

as for the light for the space id use a 600w hps, looks to be about a 4'x4' surface area? a 600w should cover about that many plants too, as long as they dont get too much bigger. those few cfls will for sure not be enough to grow those plants much further than what they are.

6. I wish I could help but your way pass where I am lol hit me up and we can peek what we know im lust buy the way

7. get two 400w hps

8. ;) thank you.. The 6cfls are not all I have.. But I deffinately need more.. An hps will cover the light spectrum I need as well?? And on last thing.. If I get two 400.. Can I run both off the same Bali? This is why I like CFLs.. No balis.

9. Yeah and I Dont know if the are auto or not.. Just figured they were assuming most plants out in nature are not auto flowering and need a trigger.. But when I thought about the location of origin.. I remember they have no real seasons.. Apart from the rains.. And the dry spell. So I figured it would have its own mechanism for going I to flowering.

10. They are not autoflowering. The trouble with sativas from the Caribbean is they get huge and can have long flowering periods. If I were you I'd start flowering those now if you don't want trees.

11. OK good to know. I popped em into flowering a week ago. I'm just scared that due to the size the buds won't be as bountiful... I guess with the right light setup it shouldn't be a problem.

12. Forget the cfls if you wanna grow primo buds. Go for a six hundred watt hps. You won't regret it. Not that you can't grow nice buds with cfls but it takes a long time to master and there's no comparison to hps. Not for beginning growers anyway. I know there are masters out there that can do wonders with cfls though. But still go with the hps. You'll be psyched

13. Yeah I want to.. The only issue I have is the heat..

14. Why did u put medical in quotes?

15. idk if anyone mentioned this but defiantly utilize some mylar for reflection. its mad cheap like 5 bucks worth is more than you'll ever need. dont use aluminum foil or mirrors for reflection but you can probably make your lights a lot more efficient. I had some explosive growth with only a 45W CFL in an enclosed box lined with mylar (emergency blanket) just watch your temps if you decide on it

16. I have some mylar.. Not much.. But its that weird octogon shaped stuff..I was honestly thinking of buying a tent.. They are fairly cheap here.. 100-150$.. For a 4x4x8 or something like that.. May be 4x6x8.. Any whole sale web stored I could order from??

17. my weed ain't all that medical.. But then again I suppose all weed is in some way..

18. #19 Bullscrog, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
    Nvm this post I read your last post wrong haha.

Of course it is :) potency does not mean medical. U can have high CBD strains that don't get u very high but are medical. It's just whatever CBN profile works for u my friend :D

19. I needs ballast and lights