Hey help me quick bros

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WolfGanja, Jan 22, 2016.

1. My plant just released a bunch of fuvking dust and shit these are feminized seeds wtf!!! Are these males or herbies? They have flower things falling off too.

2. Oh shit forgot the pic my bad ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453424790.396481.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453424835.142618.jpg

3. That is a male

4. #4 grasscoty, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
    Male. Please study the internet on how to grow a female plant and how to tell the difference. There is a ton of info on growing. If you spent money for those "feminized" seeds you got ripped. That's why i go with clones.

5. Study the Internet? You mean study on the Internet? Anyway I chucked it only one of them was a female, herbies seeds is a jip my man.

6. Just because your order feminized seeds is not a 100% guarantee you won't get a male. You should have realized that was not a female plant long ago if you had done the leg work to properly try to cultivate marijuana.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. No need for me to reiterate the fact that it's been male for a while, I suppose. Grab yourself one of the free books on cultivation so you'll know how to tell next time bro. Hopefully your one surviving female isn't preggo after that.

The Mole Hole

8. You know they give you free seeds every order and they are normally one feminized and two regular seeds in my experience I always put on the order comments to please give me feminized seeds for the regular freebies and they always hook me up with the feminized ones! Herbies Seeds are the only place I would order from due to them giving me whatever I ask for

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 GoldGrower, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016
    I don't know why people are being dicks on here. But yeah man, that's a male, with a description like that you didn't even need to add a photo lol.

I bought a feminised seed that recently turned out to be a male, it pissed me right off. Makes you wonder how many seeds people get that are the wrong strain without them even realising. Half of the strains I have grown haven't matched the description

10. " Study the internet on how to grow a female plant" what on earth does that even mean?

Why would he care about telling the difference?? He paid for a feminised seed. This is the fault of the breeding or packaging debt, not the growers.

You can't buy clones where I live, so seeds are the only option. But even then, that's no guarantee of female. Someone could easily grow out what they thought was a feminised seed, clone it, sell it to you, and it turn out to be a male just like in this case

11. If the seed is feminised then the plant that grows from it can only be female, because it cannot carry the male chromosome. If you buy a feminised seed and it turns out to be a male it's a breeding or packaging error therefore not feminised in the first place

12. keep in mind that he paid for feminised seeds so he didn't have to tell the difference

13. Yea it's not his fault and you're right they screwed him. My comment was meant in a friendly way. Knowledge is power. Just because he shouldn't have had to tell, doesn't mean he shouldn't know the difference in a male and female. It should have been caught much sooner. They don't get like that overnight. Wondering if the other plant got pollenated....

The Mole Hole

14. U sure about that man? Im betting that that isnt true. Im pretty positive that you can still get males, females and hermies from feminized seeds, how else would they carry the hermie trait? And They basically are just hermie seeds...

The survival mechanism for these plants allows them to carry regular male genes as well as female, in this case the dominant trait would be female... But that doesnt mean that they dont carry male dna? How do you think that two parents with brown hair can have a kid with blonde hair? Its the same thing with plants im pretty sure?

From what i learned they carry the hermie trait in order to produce mass amounts of seeds when the species is under threat... Theyll produce feminized seeds for a majority but youll always end up getting a male seed at one point which will eventually bring everything back to normal again...

It only makes sense to me, ive never heard of 100% guaranteed feminized seeds before, even a lot of breeders will tell u that its not guaranteed to be female and im pretty sure its cuz that shit happens

I would just think that you could suppress the male gene until its very unlikely to show up, but youll still have that .01% chance

Idk tho dont hold me to anything i said haha i aint no scientist, youd need to do controlled studies and shit

15. My goodness, can you not see those seed pods sitting all over those buds? And by the way....we're not all Bros. on this forum. There are actually MANY competent women growers today and lots of them are on this forum. Looks like you should've done more reading and research into growing before you took off with it. Read, read, read!!! TWW

16. 1. Yes.
    2. You would lose that bet.
    3. They don't.
    4. Feminised plant's parents, are both female. No males chromosome is present.
    5. No they don't. You are getting genes and chromosomes confused.
    6. Yes it does. Male chromosomes are not carried in females. XY = male, XX = female.
    7. Because the blonde hair gene is recessive, and the brown hair gene is dominant. If both parents carry the recessive blonde gene, then there's a 1 in 4 chance that an offspring will have both blonde genes, resulting in blonde hair. Chromosomes do not work like that.
    8. Yes, pretty much, as in they have dominant and recessive genes. But these are not chromosomes, genes are carried on the chromosomes.
    9. You learned wrong.
    10. There is no such thing as a male gene, and the process of making feminising seeds does not suppress anything male. There is no male. Both parents are female. The only time you can get a male is if the pollen grain came from a male. Therefore a breeding error, or packaging error.
    11. Yet you still argue with me...
    12. No, you just need to google it or ask someone who knows about it. All this info is no secret, it's all out there to find.

You shouldn't tell people they are wrong if you don't know the first thing about the subject. I hope that has cleared it up

17. just curious dude chill

i didnt tell anyone they were wrong, thats why i said dont hold me to anything

just putting in what i thought made sense idk

no ones arguing with u, i was pretty much asking you

18. I am chilled. You disagreed with me about the possibility of males, then went on to explain why you think you were right. An explanation that made no sense whatsoever and clearly showed you don't have the first clue of how feminised seeds are made, or genetics in general for that matter. That is telling me I was wrong.

Telling me I was wrong is perfectly fine, but dam man, at least research the subject first, don't just make up these ridiculous assumptions and have so much confidence in them that you call people out with them.

The OP paid for feminised seeds so he didn't have to learn the difference between males and females. When new growers start out they have a fuckton of stuff to learn, so buying feminised seeds means that's one thing they don't have to worry about. So you bashing him for not knowing is completely uncalled for. Especially when you have just proven that there is stuff that you know nothing about too

19. Admittedly, I don't know the first thing about genetics. However, the logical side of me has prompted me to post. It would seem to me that the seeds being feminized, or seeds not being feminized, or an error in the packaging or the preparation of the seeds really doesn't matter in this case. I would think that since it took quite a while for the plant to reach this stage, he had plenty of time to figure it out, and this situation would never have happened.. Yes, the manufacturer and seller of the seeds has quite a bit of responsibility here. However, so does the grower. If you cannot recognize a male plant before it reaches this stage, you do need to do some more reading and educating yourself. As inexperience as I am, just from reading that description, I knew it was a male plant. And I'm blind. Go figure. Not trying to be rude, just inserting my two cents worth.

trying to learn to grow flowers organically.