Hey Guys, Which lights do I buy?!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by vonspillar, Jul 27, 2018.

1. This seems like the most reliable way for my situation, not the richest man either lol, I think I'll call them and ask for the 4 288pcs setup, might get a deal. Also does it make a difference if I wasn't to call and just order two of those; QB288 V2 & Slate 1 Single Combo
    is there a wiring problem i'd run into? Random q's; Is a grow tent needed for indoor growing? also got any info on Cmh bulbs? Thanks for the info so far everyone.

2. I don't know why you won't give folux solution led a look it's the same exact diodes brother I have no reason to lie. They are Samsung 561-C white led diodes

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

3. No I trust your opinion, just not as many reviews on Folux and aren’t you sponsored? Also there’s a new deal with HLG perfect for me and a bit cheaper than the folux rn. I sent you a message over pm. Honestly if I knew 100% they would perform the same and be cheaper then I’d go with Folux 100%

4. I mean the Folux has the 240w max on both boards at 240$ and HLG has 280w on both boards at 170$

• Like Like x 1
  5. WIring is real straight forward - and two of those 288 units will give you all you need - and if you get the newer V2 288 you get the new 103 diodes

6. 170$ for 2 board or a kit?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

7. Some help guys for best bang for my $ should i go with 2 288s or 4 132s in my 3x3x6 want to run withever at max but dim if needed...thanks.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

8. U might want to give hortilux 315 cmh a gander. My girls and I are very happy. I like th fact that u got only 2 things that can go wrong. Ballast and bulb. My hydo shop just let me refund my 11 month old generic that was acting up. So when my generic went out, i could run down and be taken care of. Not knocking led.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. Have you tried QB? Cause yeah If i dont get the QB's or COB LED's then ill head with Cmh, just wanna know why cmh would be superior. Yield, dry vs wet, etc. Might be less problems with cmh, but if i get a better yield and product with white led im going with the led. If they are the same tho ill go with cmh.

• Like Like x 1
  10. No i haven't. My crew are using cmh or clear led lighting. No much heat from these.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

11. For the $$, and a 6 x 6 x 6 area Id use a 1000w Hortilux HPS bulb, and use 4 x 4 of the area. This will give you 1600umole at 24 inches, and 62.5w Sq/ft, which will grow any Sativa, and penetrate 3 feet.

Make sure you have powerful Intake/Exhaust fans, and you must have good airflow.

I myself would do this. YMMV.

Id buy some Dominion Seed Company Dominion Skunk.... Fast Growing, HUGE Yield, and very potent. Nothing not to like about this strain, though the seeds aren't cheap, and are available at SeedHereNow..

If you want a more Indica Dominant look into the Dominion Granny Skunk.

Or. Go to Great Lakes Genetics, and buy the 89 UK CHEESE x NL1.

I would use Promix BX, or HP. I like the BX as it holds a bit more water, and less likely to dry out as fast. The HP you can water more often, and maybe they will eat a bit more, but will need more attention to watering.

Buy a cheap moisture Meter at Lowes, and use it. Never let the soil go to the Low Moist/Dry Line. ALWAYS slightly above. This takes out guesswork, though Ive been growing since 1972, and have watering down, I still use a meter. I don't like guessing.

I would start 6-8 of the seeds, which may give you 3-4 females, 3-4 males considering they all germinate. Plan on most of the time getting 50/50-M/F.

I would start them in either Solo 24oz cups, or Uline 32ox Deli containers, but you have to buy a bunch of them. 500 are $94.So theyre a lot cheaper/bigger vs Solo, but you have 500. Which you may not want that many around.

After you can tell M/F, trash the males, and transplant into 20 gallon containers. You can get away with 3 plants, but 2 would be better, and less containers. Bend them so they grow Horizontally vs Vertically, and train the Secondary Branches to grow Vertically. Plan on a 10%-15% Bend Angle, and start early.

Use Chem Grow fertilizer, and follow the 8 weeks program, and if strain is over 8 weeks, slightly alter it, to match your flowering time. You can also veg longer, for bigger plants.

Veg the Dominion Skunk until 2 feet, and then flip. If you don't get more than 16oz, Ill eat your shoes, if you have everything dialed in. More like 20+oz, if everything is dialed in.

12. Thank you for your reply and info.
    Id be paying around 300 for a 1000w hps setup with ballast, etc. but with QB or COB LED id be paying around 450, but would I get a better yield and potency? if so ill go with LED. have you tried led? All im getting in info right now is that HPS is the powerhouse and if I get that there will be results with moderate to little problems. But If i got a 550w LED, for around 500, if i'm getting a bigger yield and better potency then i'm headed with LED.

13. #73 jimihendrix42, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    All I will say is Im getting up to 2lbs with a 1000w Hortilux, in a 4 x 4 area, and have been growing since 1971. 78 inside.

I also grow very large plants. 6-7 feet tall, but Bent/Trained to grow Horizontally. With secondaries trained to grow Vertically, and No Topping.

Im not going to get into the HPS/ Vs LED Debate. We used them, and yield went down. YMMV.
    I also veg with 1000w Hortilux.
    I believe LED weed is as potent. But from my experience growing really big5+ foot tall plants ect, HID is better for me.

I can also get 1000w 20 inches, or lessfrom the canopy, which is giving a HUGE amount of umole, and is probably exceeding the Gavita, though not covering as much space.

Its hard to beat a 1000w/Hortilux at 20 inches. Especially in a 4 x 4 area.

I would also use the Magnum XXXL Low Profile Hood. Its HUGE, and is perfect for 4 x 4, and is air cooled.

I use HID, that's all I will say, except I don't think theres any way LED weed is any better than HPS potency wise.

I/my cohorts also use 2 x 34w Solacure Flower Power UVA/UVB bulbs with each 1000w Hortilux, and a 4 x 4 area.

I would suggest a 1000w Gavita, but you don't have the height. You need at least 36-40 inches between canopy/bulb with Gavita.

For $500 you can almost get 2 1000w Hortilux. Id save the money, and buy the Dominion Skunk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Have many plants have you got in that 4x4? With only 1 1000w HPS? those results are very impressive. Have you had any luck with Cmh I’m hearing cmh can blow HPS right now just with a bit more cash. I can get around 480w in led for about 500$ which is equivalent to a 1000w HPS. Wouldn’t the led be optimal for my smaller 4x4 grow op.. Just a bit more cash?

15. #75 jimihendrix42, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Buddy is trying a 1000w DE Nanolux CMH but so far it may be not as good, but so far no better than a Gavita. Both have to be 36-40 inches away.

2 very large Trained plants in 25 gallon containers in a 4 x 4. Promix BX

Swami Blue Orca Haze, and Mr Nice Super Silver Haze we have will both do this, but the Dominion Skunk isn't far behind, less pheno hunting, and the Dominion is faster flowering. 54-66 days.

I don't buy the Equivalent theory.

1000w Hortilux is PERFECT for a 4 x 4,

Sun is 12,000w Sq.ft

If they measure the sun by w/sq/ft, I will too. 1000w, is 1000w. No Substitute, or Equal to. Others miles may vary, but I aint arguing. I know what I get, and have used. HID is just hotter, and you have to be able to control the heat.

With all of it you need the best airflow possible, and to me, is 1 of the most important things.

Strong, Penetrating, Powerful Light, with Good Airflow, lots of area for roots, feed, and water correctly, and the seed genetics are all that I do.

I keep it as simple as possible, and do not deviate from basic principles, and when sometimes I may have to compromise, like in the summer, where I don't have atmosphere control, it gets too hot, and have to shut off a light, or 2.
    The fanciest I get is training, and bending my plants from an early age to open the plants up, and use every bit of light. Horizontal plant will get way more light on the whole plant vs vertical.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kit and it's gonna be 180-200 after savings and depends on how many boards you get for price

17. I have both CMH and folux solution led and I love both

18. This. Your grow technique is what's going to get your yield, not the type of light you use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Its both though.

All things being equal, youre limited by light energy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1