Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hey guys, question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ryanmetal, Jun 30, 2010.

1. haven't been on here for a long long time, but I had a quick question.

basically, I feel different when I smoke lately. I don't feel the relaxing high anymore but more like a chest pain of sorts. I know I've read marijuana increases the heart rate but is this right? it sort of goes away after a while but I'm pretty sure its my heart beating faster.

any advice on what to do?

:poke:

2. Seems like you may be experiencing increased anxiety. It could be because of a number of reasons. Different strains can cause this depending if your smoking sativa/indica.

Try a T break if you are struggling to get high.

3. Lately ive been pretty nervous about my health when i get high ay, especially when i feel my heart rate.

4. Oh man, I've never felt any pain at all from the lovely herb... That really sucks. :( I guess you could measure you heart rate sober, and while high, and that would tell you if there's much of a difference. Other than that, I don't really know what to tell you. Good luck!

5. At first when I started smoking that happened because id be in such of a fearful mood , trying to find a way to go out or smoke so no one would know , id get crazy chest pain and even when sober the thought of goign through with the act gave me pain , once I learnt to chill and enjoy it , its never came back again !
    Anxiety and panic are my best bet !

6. its kinda a repetitive cycle. when your high and you feel your heart speeding up, and if you dont know that its natural and nothing will happen, you will be fine, but if you think something is wrong, it will just bring on anxiety, causing your heart to beat faster and harder. but dont worrie, i can promise you, unless the dealer slipped coke in that bitch (wich 99.99.99.99% of the time they dont) you will be fine. promise :)

7. Chest pain? That doesn't sound too good man. I know sometimes when I'm high, my heartbeat races like crazy - But it don't hurt. Try evening out your breathing, slow it down intentionally, take breaks in between hits.

8. I'm sorry guys I was really high when I posted the original post, a chest pain might be exagerrated, but yeah it's just my heartbeat racing like the last poster said.

and thanks on putting this in apprentice:rolleyes:

9. GNJ hit the nail on the head- intentionally slow your breathing. Your pulse, really your whole metabolism and resonant frequency, follows your breathing.

10. Its normal for your heart to beat faster. Ive been worried about how fast my heart was beating while high as well.

11. That Avatar, Dat Signature; hard to forget :D

Welcome back to the city man :cool:

12. I have had an ear infection a couple of days ago and yesterday I was high and I kept getting horrible pains in my ear but where im confused is, my ear infection is gone.Also your heart beats like 3x faster when your high.

13. Your heart DOES beat faster when high. But the reason behind this is because thc helps with your respiratory system, and helps your heart become more healthy. Just because it is beating fast does not mean that is a bad thing. And If it is beating so fast and you get worried and nervous, that is anxiety. I actually have chronic anxiety and heart palpations(heart works harder than it has to, nothing bad as long as i keep it healthy) but when I smoke my heart may beat faster, but the other effects of anxiety are gone. Maybe go to the doctor you could have developed this and cannabis is just making you realize it.