Hey guys, I really need help with this one.

Discussion in 'General' started by Hilikus, Apr 26, 2009.

1. #1 Hilikus, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
    I have a battery-operated "herb grinder." The other night it stopped working, I went to change the batteries, and it turns out a battery had leaked inside of it (my friend was messing around with the batteries before this, but he also bought the grinder for me as a present, so I can't be mad).

I'm including some pics so you can follow me when I describe it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The part outlined in blue is where the batteries go (three AAA batteries, if anyone needs to know lol), it goes inside the part outlined in green, which then screws into the part outlined in purple. The parts outlined in blue and green are the ones that have the battery grossness in them, so I was wondering if anyone knew a way to get it out that wouldn't damage the grinder itself. I'm not sure if it's safe to just wipe it down and then continue using it as usual.

Sorry about the shitty pics, I only had my laptop to work with.

2. Whats up girl?.
    I would take it apart more if you can, and I would wipe it down with some of that Bleach dish soap you can get. From there, I would just rinse and wash it a bunch of times.

Just before you use it again, let it sit out for a couple days, maybe even a week. Let all of the electrical connections dry.

You can the the connections wet, its when it has power, that it fries.
    (Water is naturally conductive and lets the power travel from a hot wire to the ground)

3. Thank you soooo SO much! :hello: Now I feel silly since it's so easy.

4. Dont worry bout it, glad I could help. Battery corrosion can kill you, so just make sure its all out, and you will be ok.

5. Eh, you might have traces in your weed i'd say cut your losses.

6. Well aslong as she cleans it thorogh, she will be okay. But if you just wipe it down with a baby wipe, yeah, you will inhaling some sweet corrosion.

Just get high and take your time girl

7. Try a Q-tip with some rubbing alcohol/nail polish remover on it. Should evaporate fairly quick.