Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hey guys! I am doing a project for school...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ahh420, Apr 30, 2010.

1. I was wondering if you had any links to legitimate sites i can use for a project i have to do for school. Basically I need quotes showing the use of medical marijuana in a positive way. (Or really marijuana in a positive way) Do you know of any sites?

2. norml.com

also see if your school has any online indexs, that would help you get scholarly ( legitimate ) journals..

3. Thaaank Youuuu.

4. google scholar is also a good source

5. google in marijuana and the union

I loved that vid

6. Google "Granny Storm Crows List", Her list will come up and it is thousands(i think, might be hundreds) of studies about marijuana, very helpful for any project.

7. show the class the union theres your project right there. :hello::smoking:

8. Agreed on the scholarly articles, do you have access to PubMed through your school?

I would figure that would be a great database to search for articles.

9. yeah if you like abstracts! you never get full pdf form haha

10. So basically you want biased sources...

Not a research paper is it?

11. Antique Cannabis Book / A Price Guide to Antiques

This looks good from a quick glance... There is a lot of history to cannabis use that people don't know about these days. Before prohibition it was widely used (even in western medicine) to treat migraine, cramps, addiction to alcohol...

Before that it has been used in many cultures as medicine for millenia Look into traditional use in China and India.

Additionally, check out Phoenix Tears, the Shafer Commission's report, Roger Egeberg's comments on the scheduling of cannabis... there is a lot of information out there showing that cannabis has some very important medical benefits that modern chemical medicine cannot replicate.

Oh and check out Clinical EndoCannabinoid Deficiency... it's still more theory than proven science, but it's really interesting stuff. By a Dr. Russo, he works for GW Pharmaceuticals (makers of Sativex, a throat spray of cannabinoids).

Also, you might want to mention that people who argue against medical marijuana point to things like lung damage as evidence that it is unsafe, but rarely consider the use of edibles, tinctures, and sprays like Sativex, which completely eliminate any respiratory harm that you might get with smoking. Frankly, I think it's pretty remarkable that weed smoke HASN'T killed tons of people when inhaling smoke is such an unhealthy practice. Maybe you can figure out why it hasn't done more harm?

Hope this helps! Be sure to post back with your research paper or the findings and keep us all as informed as possible!

12. you can talk about legalizing hemp for industrial use/consumption of seeds for protein,fiber,essential fatty acids and how the US has to import hemp from other countries when they can grow it at home.

13. I can't find the links and I am honestly a little too stoned to bother finding them but I know i have this article on medical marijauna and the positives from the health section of the LA TIMES on my wall and that's real informative, might be able to guide it. that and i remember National Geographic did a thing on drug taboos on the show Taboo (i think, not sure) and it talked a lot about marijuana and it showed an older lady with a lot of bone problems in a wheel chair smoking marijuana tlaking about how it's her medicine and she doesn't even really tell people about it as it's just medicine to her where as it also showed the people that abuse it etc. might be able to google that but yeah too high to find it...sorry