Hey guys - a few quick questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xyser, Mar 1, 2007.

1. So, I want to start growing but......I have many questions!

growing would be a semi-stealth operation.

My house has this garage, but my family rarely goes into it(there are old cars and junk inside of it). Main question is, I guess, does growing weed smell a lot? My parents do not know the smell of weed really...but would plants be x times stronger then smoke? I'm planing on creating a box type thing out of wood...or using old file cabinets or something cheap. filling it with a pot, planting seeds, having 2x400watt lights(enough power?), and watering of course...and then covering the whole operation with a blanket or something(fire hazard?) I'd place aluminum foil inside the box. It's pretty cold in the garage, but if my pretty seeds are close enough to the light would that be alright?(temp. wise) hmm...yeah, that's about it for now. thanks :hello:

2. if you seal the box and put carbon scrubbers on the intake and exhaust vents then it wouldn't smell. Are you saying you're going to use 2 400 watt hps lights? That's probably more lights than you need for a stealth grow. To be conservative just use 100 watt per sq foot. You might need a heater that's set to turn on at night if you're garage gets below 60. To be realistic it's going to be hard to pull off a stealth grow in an open space like a garage.