]Hey Arnold was the best cartoon to come out of the 90s

Discussion in 'General' started by TheLastRebel, Sep 12, 2013.

1. There was something special about 90's cartoons in general, sure there was lots of goofy episodes for every show, after all they were marketed for kids, but there was usually one or a few very "Deep" episodes, for example in Rugrats the episode touching on how chuckies mom died, or in As told by ginger when she finds her estranged father at Christmas

The best, deepest episode in my personal opinion comes form one of my favorite TV shows growing up "Hey Arnold!"  the episode i am talking about is called "Arnold's Christmas"

http://www.justanimedubbed.tv/hey-arnold-season-1-episode-19/

The part of the story i am particularity talking about is the second part, see if you are not familiar with the story there is a character that lives in the main character Arnold's boarding house, his name is Mr. Hyuny and he is a Vietnamese war refugee,

Over the coarse of the story, Arnold makes it his Christmas mission to reunite Mr Hyuny with his daughter who he had to hand over during the war to protect her.

I won't say anymore for those who want to watch the episode, but i am fairly sure alot of blades have seen this.

I must say this is very heartwarming for a cartoon, that nothing of todays caliber could match, it was even better then some of the movies Hollywood releases to the public

I am glad i am a 90s kid.

2. Watch out dude, some of the youngsters around here really have a stick up their ass over being part of a generation that has no discernible culture or contributions, they really like to shit on threads that tout the past (specifically the 90s) as the greatest time to have been alive.

3. That's the one where the girl with pigtails was all butthurt over some uggs but then turned decent at the end right? I think she gave up her uggs to help that chinese guy. Either way yeah Hey Arnold was definitely my favourite cartoon back in the day. Probably ahead of Doug. 

4. Idk if it was the best cartoon of the 90's; id have to think about that for a while. But it was certainly one of my favorites. No doubt. MONKEY MAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp76RCIvvQI

5. angry beavers was the best cartoon of that time lol.

6. I know The Simpons came out in dec 89 but still, it was definitely the best cartoon of the 90's. hands down. i did like hey arnold though.

7. #8 FallenOne, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
    <sup>Lies... Besides the Simpsons, Ah' Real Monsters was the best cartoon of the 90's. At least on Nickelodeon.</sup>

<sup>Although the best Hey Arnold! episode was when Helga kept telling him how long he had left to live.

"5 Hours, 10 minutes, and 34 seconds until you diiiiieeeee!"
    </sup>

8. i guess everyone didnt watch mtv during the 90s.

what teh fuck

9. Stoop kid

Sent from my Desire HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I remember watching cartoon network late at night (well it seemed late back then haha). Cat dog, angry beavers, courage the cowardly dog were all on... Paradise

Sent from my ST25i using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_X0YXKS07w

12. I'm watching hey arnold on netflix as we speak
    :D

13. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVRoBes9vJ4

14. Lets just put it this way... almost every show nickelodeon created inthe 90's was pure gold.

15. this is taking me back, I still watch a lot of cartoons and cant believe how much hey arnold I can remember.

I still watch a lot of damn sponge bob. theres some good episodes of that. Im watching ATHF now, I think dexters lab is a great cartoon too

16. i just watched grandpa's 81st birthday curse episode during dinner tonight lol