hey arnold was fuckin deep man

Discussion in 'General' started by HiddenReality, Feb 24, 2015.

1. i think any kid could relate to that fucking hsow, really delved into the different home lives that kids could experience...especially the undertones of alcoholism in helga's mom, notice she almost always has a cup in her hand...at 5:09 she takes the whole damn blender!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ybmu7_Gz4

And then this episode...holy fucking shit man, still gives me the chills and the feels hardcore. It was hard not to shed a tear toward the end. This was such a great fucking show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkome85JVlo

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hey Arnold! rules. I loved when they'd show this and Rocco's Modern Life back to back.

• Like Like x 2
  3. That's how I felt about Doug as a kid. The way He daydreamed and had his problems at home and at school. It's more subtle I feel.

But Hey Arnold! Definitely took the direct route and it worked well for them. It's definitely a solid 2 on my list.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I didn't watch most of what was on CN. They all had a deeply disturbing feel and story to them. I could never put my finger on it but they all bothered me enough that i couldn't watch them. It wasn't even the images or content itself but the entirety of it was just off and disturbing.

I'm that way with alot of stuff though guess it comes with the territory.

5. hey arnold was on nickelodeon but i kind of think i understand what you're getting at. Some of those cn shows creeped me out for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
    Eh i never watched nick either :laughing: my family never once had anything beyond bunny ears.

Now that i've watched some of them as an adult i have realized all my complaints about the shows i made as a child are 100% valid. If you really look into it there are some fucked up things mixed into those shows. Sure adventure time and such now seems like it's just some guys LSD trip but the things woven into those shows are serious.

• Like Like x 2
  7. one of my favorite childhood cartoons.

8. I think that's why I liked CN shows back then. It had a weird element to it, like if you peeled th's outer layer back, you'd get some Ren & Stimpy type shit.

I think the best cartoons are the ones with those hidden innuendoes with parallels to real life.

9. Angry Beavers was always where it was at... Nickelodeon had some great programing.