Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hesitant on smoking this weed..

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BluffxTazzy, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Okay so I bought some weed and it has all these little white balls on it and I don't really wanna smoke it if it's mold or something. Can anyone tell me what it is? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391932097.572134.jpg here's a picture of a leaf off a bud.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. ......mold dude not safe to smoke

3. Punch your dealer in the dick

knives heated dull red
    release sweet smoky nectar
    I am lifted high

4. moldy cheese man no good

5. Well apparently it was vacuum sealed and I asked what the fuck it was and he said it was just fertilizer. Thanks man

6. fertilizer that should be just fine to smoke

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I don't know if it is though

8. General rule I live by when it comes to eating, drinking, or smoking. If I have any doubt in my mind that what I'm about to injest/ inhale may have the potential to make me ill, don't consume it. In other words I wouldn't smoke it. And I would be telling my supplier to give me back my money, and go find someone else to buy from. He, or she is an asshole selling you crap cannabis.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Shitty man. You could break it up and pick around it forsure. Its up to you though man. Its just grass

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Well I'm definately not buying from him again ever

11. And I was inspecting it and it doesn't seem too bad

12. Got anymore pics? Clearer maybe?

13. Looks like mold to me. If you're desperate then just pick all of the mold off and then smoke it. I would use some type of gloves though, not sure if mold is safe to touch a lot.

14. if it is mold just do an iso run with it and make hash. iso will kill mold

15. Thats a good idea. But picking around it isn't. If you looked at the bud under a microscope you would see colonies all over it that look like these big ones. Not to mention spores galore.

16. #16 Galaxy420, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    Thanks Bro! for moldy bud use iso - use 91 or 99%. it kills off the mold and if any is left over it will be filtered with the left overs.

even butane will not get rid of all the mold and cold water may not get it all.

17. That is NOT fertilizer! Who the hell puts fertilizer on bud? Unless it is a foliar spray (which you don't want to spray on buds to begin with) it won't benefit a plant and no grower that knows anything about growing would EVER do that. Your dealer is full of shit!

I wouldn't trust that at all.. Doesn't even really look like mold to me. Who knows what the hell it could be.

18. #18 KillerKush87, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    If you really want to take your chances with it, I would use hydrogen peroxide/water, then dry it again. You can do that to a plant at harvest if it was infected with powdery mildew so I would bet you could after it was already dried as well. Might taste gross but maybe make an edible with it instead? Honestly id throw that away and take it as a loss and get a more reliable dealer.