Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

He's back

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MikeyChill, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Smoked last night for the first time in a while. After a lot of thought i decided marijuana was what i needed for many reasons. I'm no longer taking dangerous and addictive sleeping pills and instead am using mary jane and it worked like a charm last night. Also i had a lot of conflicting views as a Christian about it being ok or not but i came to the conclusion that if anything alcohol would be looked upon less favorably by God and is far more dangerous as it almost destroyed my life. Now i was able to smoke last night and just let myself go and not try and control the high, or my thoughts or feel guilty about anything and it was great. I realize that it has been demonized over the years and spoon fed to me about how its so "bad" and now i realize not only is it not bad, but has so many benefits. Alcohol is far more dangerous from my experiences, and if the church says i can drink a few beers, then surely God wouldnt mind if i smoked a bowl instead of taking dangerous and addictive medications. Marijuana has also helped me stay away from the booze, so in my opinion its a gift that we have if used in moderation. I was able to let my thoughts fly and it was great, i was outside smoking out of my pipe and just looking at the stars and it was fantastic. Weed gives me so much perspective, almost like seeing things in their most natural and real state. That probably sounds wierd but thats how it feels. Good to be back. MUCH LOVE :hello:

2. Welcome back man and I'm glad you can find some solace in the herb. I have a few friends that are also Christian and they smoke as well, so don't feel like your the only one.

3. Yeah man, more power to ya. Before i even touched pot, i had a friend who smoked pot with a couple people who went to his church (and they went every sunday). Lol?

4. Welcome back to the dank life :bongin:

5. Welcome back, you're with friends. :)

My entire family has struggled with alcoholism, and i've seen the detrimental effects it has on family members. I watched an uncle for 15 years verbally abuse and beat his kids before he got sober. My own father was using alcohol to self medicate his depression and he became irratible and mean. I still remember way back in the day when I was twelve hiding all of the liquor bottles in the house. My dad started throwing dishes, and eventually drove to the liquor store drunk. There is no worse feeling than thinking the father you love may never come back from the store, or ever wake up.

The upper midwest is known for alcohol problems, and colleges here are no exception. The mentality on campus is, "shit, its too damn cold to do anything, so lets just get hammered." The result? 10 alcohol related deaths on campus over the last two years.

Alcoholism is known to travel through the family, and i've made the concious decision to break this cycle. If I do drink, its only one or two beers from a good microbrewery while I watch the Wild game. Weed? Weed saves lives. One of those 10 people was my good friend that i've known since I was in diapers. Its unbelievably difficult to stand up at a funeral in front of a hysterical mother of a boy who died too soon and tell her, "I'm so sorry. If I had been there Jake never would have drank. Jake never would have gotten in that car." Wiping away tears, I told her along with the whole congregation if I was in town that night jake would be here today. Instead of celebrating his acceptance to graduate school with booze, he would have rolled a blunt with me.

Alcohol is dangerous and NOT SOMETHING TO FUCK AROUND WITH. I just wish more people knew there are safer alternatives.

6. You should be proud of the fact that you won't become a part of the vicious cycle of alcoholism. I totally agree with you. I've been to two funerals caused by alcohol, neither for a close friend, but people I knew. One became suicidal and jumped from a building. The other was stabbed in a bar fight. His blood alcohol percentage was .23. 3 times the legal limit in Texas. I'm in college and I've been drunk exactly once. I've had less than 5 beers ever and never hard liquor. I get horrible hangovers and I never desire to be drunk again. I too have sleeping problems. Only two things are capable of putting me to sleep: hard exercise before bed, and weed. Weed is an easier solution daily because in college there isn't a whole lot of time to work out. I only wish we lived in a world where alcohol had the same negative connotation as weed, and weed was as widely accepted as alcohol and tobacco currently are. Until then, I will be forced to quietly, personally defy the law in order to live the way I want. Best of luck to all those struggling with addictions. I'm gonna go pack a bowl.

7. I was raised in a christian family and obviously marijuana was frowned upon. When i moved out and got my cannabis card it was a real struggle to decide whether or not i wanted my family knowing, or whether i should keep it to myself. I take pride in the fact that i havent fallen victim to the addiction of alcohol and the very negative side affects it could potentially have. I'm glad you have discovered that marijuana is the absolute best substitute, especially if you have sleeping problems/insomnia, etc. and have come to the realization that the herb is not a bad thing to everyone

8. Thanks guys, love that good old Grass City support. Best damn City out there! :wave:

9. nice. smoke that bowl and enjoy my friend nothing more chill then it.

10. If you believe in christianity, than you believe god created everything, and it was good. That includes all the plants...like that beautiful mary jane :smoke:

11. Why do you think god would be against it? That's what I'm always curious about when people bring it up. At least it wouldn't be any different than tobacco,coca,opium, or any other plant.

IDK, my views on god don't follow the mainstream. Although I am a deist everything else varies wildly from day to day.