hermy!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by th smokinggiant, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Hi all, need to make a discision on what to do with my plant and ide like you guys to help:) , its bagseed and female(smells fruity as hell) shes bin budding for bout a week now and coming on nicely until:eek: i woke up yesterday gave her a quick inspection and found sum balls amongst the soon to be buds.
    right heres the question for you all!
    i have sum mexican sativa seeds from seedsman and im in a dilema! shal i stay with the hermy and get sum seedy bud or chop chop and start with the sativas.
    And also, if i bud the hermy will it be as good as female buds jus bit seedy or not.:confused: ahhh im confused!

2. :hello: smokinggiant,

Since it will take a week or two for your seeds to germinated and sprout, I would pinch off the male flowers and continue to grow the hermi. I've seen strange things happen to hermi plants after pinching off the early male flowers. I've seen them stop producing any more and I've seen them continue to produce flowers. If your hermi continues to flower, I'd probably chop it and focus on the new grow. The herm will not be a potent as a healthy female. With your next grow, I'd would try starting 3 or 4 seeds to germinate so that you have a better chance of harvesting a nice healthy female. You should be able to harvest a Mexican Sativa in about 12 weeks from sprout to finished product. You can veg the Sativa for about 1 month and then switch your lighting to 12/12 and bud out for 6 to 8 weeks. If you start germinating your seeds now, you could probably get a harvest by end of October. It sucks when you have to make the decision to chop or not to chop. A positive thought: You have some premium seeds to start your next crop. Remember to germinate 3 or 4 seeds so that you have a better chance for a successful crop. The worst thing that could happen is that you end up with 3 or 4 nice females. Good luck.
    :smoke: I.B.Token

3. sounds like a great plant to experiment with unoit's bubble hash method

4. thanks for the replys guys really appretiate it,
    from what you guys say i think the write thing to do is to keep the hermy growing whilst i germanate the sativas then when they shoot through take the hermy out and try unoit's bubble hash method and see how it goes.
    cheers guys ile post a pick off the hash if im succesful.:hello:

5. Yo whats up everyone. Ok i have about 2 more weeks till i harvest and i also have a big hermie, but i have it all tide down so i can see every single thing goin on around the bud and the stems i caught one lil nutsack forming about a week about only in 1 spot so i thought i might have a problem i took it off and i havent had a problem since nothing but bud and white hairs shooting out so i dunno no more signs of hermie on mine make sure ya take the balls off tho i just took a razor blade and took it right off at the flower.