Herm's always in the mix

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by MNBudguy, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Hi
    I've been researching for some time, on the situation of the hermaphodite.
    I have read that some say its all just a natural process of each plant, while others claim it's mostly do to some sort of plant stress to each plant. Weather its light leakage on dark cycle or nute issues early on flowering stage or root problems.

The reason I'm curious for different views points is this:
    I'm having my third grow now. I always by my seeds from a bank. The first time I just bought standard seeds. The other 2 times I bought feminized seeds. All three of my grows now have had an overall male or herm problem of about 40-60%.
    Basically every time I try to grow lets say 40 plants. By the time its close to harvest I'm left with a little more than half(20-25) left over that turned out fine. Is this normal?

Should I be growing twice as many plants in the beginning so I end up with the number I want?

2. i think hermis are kinda just natures way of making sure the plant "reproduces" it doesnt know we dont want dudes around lol..

but yeah, that's what i did this year, i planted about 30 plants, i've got about 15 now, and only 2 are confirmed females, i've chopped 3 male/hermi's so far lol..

3. All female seeds were created by making a fm plant grow male parts and selfing for the seeds, they ALL have a hermie gene. I won't buy them. Of the regular seeds, less than one quarter by odds will be ff, the rest will be mm, mf, fm. I would agree with you, it does seem to be the bane of our existence, looking for a decent ff thru all the boys and trannies. Grow many, weed them out, find your keeper, clone it. Clone it lots. Saves a ton of anguish.