Hermis

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Zdagle, Aug 30, 2016.

1. i have a guerillas gusto plant with hermi traits, is it worth it to do some surgery and get off all the pollen pods or should I just cut it?

2. if theres other plants nearby that are not herming cut that thing down and get rid of it,alreadfy a chance some pollen saacs opened and ull have beany weed, herms are almost never worth growing out unless it is literally all u have and u just want a little seedy personal

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well I got a whole garden but I only have one guerilla left which is the hermi and it's in a pot about a half mile-3/4 miles away from the garden. Nothing popped yet thank god, just wanted to save my last skunk

4. Im guessing its not done budding yet? I'd honestly cut it down early and just deal with what you can save. unless you can go there every day and do surgery....pollen sacks are pretty resilient they grow quick as fuck seem to grow back even faster after cutting them back. and even if your other plants are that far away....they can still get pollinated, then your talking bean city

• Like Like x 1
  5. oh shit... Alright might cut it. My only other question is if it does pollinate itself does that make for clones or offspring with slightly different genes??

6. no, it'll be the exact same plant and have the same exact problems if you take clone off of it or the beans from the self pollinated plant,(people say you can get fem'd beans from the self pollinated ones but never had luck) and the hermie genes could even show through a different plant if pollinated. I hate hermies their a pain in the ass to deal with personally I cut down instantly when ever I see them. I had two white widow plants that were supposed to fem'd i got from a friend both hermied on me i cut the male parts off and came back a week later....they grew back twice as tall and blasted my purp plants and just ruined my sinsemilla. no matter how hard i cleaned out my buds it never failed to taste like that burnt popcorn because of all the fucking beans......

7. Yeah I just got rid of it, not worth it. Got some beautiful phenotypes out of some super lemon haze and I'm not trying to ruin them