Hermied so Hard it Flowers in Vege?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dave_rabbit, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Sup all,

I need an expert opinion on my first ever and only plant. It's a White Voodoo (white widow+maui waui,) from Crop King Seeds, NOT feminized.

It's been growing slowly but surely, 18/6 cycle, 6500k, nothing but green growth from day one. Just after it grew it's fourth node, I decided to try fimming it to multiply the branches. It worked: it turned 1 main stem in to 2. But at the place where I cut it, it started growing balls!

I figured it must be stress from fimming that caused it to hermie, unless was a male plant this whole time. But here's where I'm confused - this plant is not in flower but it's growing balls everywhere now. It's about 6-7 weeks old in vege so why is it growing a s**tload of male parts? Some of them have even burst if you look closely at the pics. This plant is full on acting like an auto but it's definitely not.

It's healthy as hell and I'm going to grow it out for the XP anyway but wtf is going on here? How can a plant flower under vege lights and 18/6?

View attachment 2129454 View attachment 2129455

2. Either its an auto or you have light leaks friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wow. Balls city. :(

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

4. Remember, nobody guarantees fems at 100%. Males do sneak in on occasion.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Its a male.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Maybe, but how would light leaks induce full on flowering? Especially if it's on 18/6 right now. I'm leaning towards auto, which I definitely did not order.

I mentioned in the OP that these seeds were not feminized, so I'm not too surprised by a male. My question is why is thing in full flower and what could cause that

7. #7 mook2707, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    To be fair, I was probably baked when I missed the not feminized part. My bad. That being said, yes. Light leaks can cause early flowering, herm, and reversion to veg.

8. Why would someone make a full auto male? That does suck for you big time.. :( Horrible.

9. It's a raging hermie in preflower. Not a big deal, not something I'd keep either.

Better than showing halfway through, imho.

10. I fimmed alot of cannabis, I dont think that caused a stress hermie. I would start a new seed asap. And get this one out of the house now, if it dropped pollen you will have problems with that for a long time