Hermie what to do? Advice please?!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by hmmm123, Sep 3, 2008.

1. I'm fairly sure my lowryder-2 is a hermie, it's 7 weeks old today and has been living in the greenhouse away from my female. But now i don't know what to do. Can i smoke it? First off i would ideally like to harvest it before my female is ready in a couple of weeks, but do i really need to leave it longer than 7 weeks? Is it too soon to harvest now? Any advice on what to do would be great. As i have no bud and no means of getting any till my female is ready so i'm willing to try anything! Some pics below. Any advice anyone? Thanks.

P1200013.jpg

P1200014.jpg

P1200015.jpg

P1200018.jpg

P1200019.jpg

P1200020.jpg

P1200021.jpg

2. I cant tell if its a hermie or not from those pictures, but we'll take your word for it. Just kill it please. The freaks got to die before they blow their freak loads everywhere. You wanna smoke it? Go ahead. Just kill that thing please.

Tranny hookers gots to go homey.

3. If it actually is a hermie you could always use Reverse by Dutch Master mixed up with some penetrator to get some of those bananas to fall off. worked ok for me. But an early harvest helps too

4. It has only had 6 balls so far and known of them opened apart from 1 all the rest just dropped off. I think i may give it the chop tomorrow then.

5. just very carefully pull them off, with a spray bottle handy some in case they open you can wet the area so no pollen spreads

6. Erm what for? What is the point in that? I don't want to save any pollen and it's know where near my female, so why do i need to chop it's balls off? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

7. I can't make out and male pollen sacs on the plant, but the pictures were fuzzy.... Although the budding sites are fairly easy to see.

How much light has that plant been getting?.. It's very stretched out, especially for lowryder.

Also, I've only ran into hermies a few times, but everytime they were killed, immediately... Having said that, I don't think you should do the same. If I remember reading right, a hermie only passes on the female genetics to her seeds or plants that are pollinated by her. This would mean you would have a type of feminized seeds, but they may have hermaphaditic tendencies.

Aside from that I don't think there's much that can be done, you can try removing all the male flowers, but so far from what I've read, you'll still probably end up with some seed in the bud even after removing the flowers(that's just from reading some other posts about hermies around here).

8. I meant pull them off and discard them.. And use the water to make sure the pollen does not pollinate the females

9. Just thought i would let you all know that i have gave it the chop today so it's now hanging in the back of an old cuboard. Thanks for the advice everyone!