HERMIE UGH!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Willyummyweed, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Found this today. Bagged it and cut then burned. Hope it didn't pop and pollinate surrounding crop. Sadly it looks like one popped. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. That sucks...watch your other girls. I had that happen last run. 3 weeks in flower and a flower opened in front of my fan. Every plant got pollinated. I let it go just to see results...I won't do that again. Only about 10% was smokeable...still had some seeds. The rest I turned into hash. 1000's of worthless seeds. I still have sprouts popping outta my no-till pots. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. If one of the pollen sacs has actually popped, it's spoiled all your plants and they will make seeds. If not, the rest might be OK. Do you know why these made seeds or were you just flowering to sex? The plants will show sex at about 2 months of age in veg...if you know what to look for, so you don't have to put them in flower to tell. Once you know you have female stock, you can take clones from that particular plant, keep the strain going and not have to worry about whether you're going to have males or not. This is assuming your flowering setup is in good shape with no light leaks, etc., that would cause the plant to make seeds. So sorry. TWW

4. Why is it so bad if you get seeds? Seeds are like new chances to grow females.

5. If those seeds came from a hermie there's a very large chance they will grow a plant that will give you seeds again. Hermie=bad genetics most of the time. It's trash. I only like stable strains I can rely on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My first two grows have been from bagseed which obviously gave me a seed so came from hermie stock. I've had 3 hermies so far and at least a few seeds on most of my plants. I'm done with bagseed. Half the plants are hermies. I got lucky but if I got a bad one it would have been a seedfest. Luckily I only got 10-20 seeds a crop.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's the prob with bagseed, you don't know where the pollen came from. Could've been a male same strain, but more likely from some hermie in the same tent/room. Growing has changed. We aren't smoking mexican brick weed anymore that most certainly had some seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  8. When a plant is pollinated it puts its energies into making seeds , not in making buds , THCA , etc.

9. I've never grown shit except for hair and a hard on. I got 6 seeds from a quarter of some kinda okay weed and have been thinking of growing them when the time is right. I just hate paying for weed

10. You might get lucky. Even though I got some hermies I did get at least one stable strain from my bagseed probably 2 but one takes about 14 weeks to mature so I don't know if I'll keep it.

Only the buds that get pollinated stop producing and only those calyxes that get pollinated fold up and stop. The rest of the bud keeps growing. Luckily most of my buds that got seeds were the crappy ones at the bottom of the plant anyway. I always imagined that if I did get any pollen in there the whole crop would be ruined. It wasn't the case surprisingly the pollen seemed to have a hard time getting around even with all the fans and stuff. I never did find a male flower. I have seeds from 5 different plants I've grown. I won't sprout any more since I'm working with clones now.

11. Give me them seeds bruh!

12. Well it was a hermaphrodite sooo?....It was a female, and then it was a male. I'm gonna guess crap genetics. Not tryna be a douche, but 8 years of doing this, I can tell a male from a female by now ;)

13. Thanks for actually having a brain. Seriously brother. I'm pretty sure you're the only one that knew that hermies carry genetic traits. I wouldn't give these seeds to anyone haha, 6 attempts all hermed. Caught all before anything happened.

14. I was told a femail that hermes and pollinated the other femails. Thoes femails will be feminized seeds? Isnt that the way you make feminized seed? Im a little confised.

A fellow grower freind. Had some amazing bud that got pollinated. Only maybe 2/4 seeds per 2 grams roughly. Not very many seeds at all.

Could anyone help clear this up? Dont mean to derial the threas,but I think i coukd help some of us out and evwn the op

15. #15 Tbone Shuffle, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    This is true buddy but you don't want those seeds because that plant hermied by itself hence it is unstable genetically. It might be worth working with but probably not unless you like eating seeds. If that plant hermied without being stressed there's a good 50% chance that any seeds grown from it's genetics could do the same thing.

There's 3 basic genotypes of female plants. The first hermies at random times for no reason or will everytime. The second will hermie only when stressed or mistreated. The third and most stable will almost never hermie and is a super stable female that you'll never have to worry about seeds in the garden from unless it's treated with special chemical procedures to force it to make male flowers for feminized seeds.

I'm currently working with a strain that tents to make a few seeds each crop just because I love it.

16. Thank you, so even the seeds that were from the femail that was pollinated by the hermie you wouldn't reccomend usung?

17. It's a bit of a crap shoot. You now have hermie possibilities mixed in the gene pool of an otherwise stable strain most likely. They will be female but you don't know for how long. They can end up just like mom.