Hermie seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by phatboi-auger, Aug 23, 2019.

1. I had a female turn hermi. Will there be any female seeds in that plant. Or should I throw it away

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If your plant self rodelized, your seed's are going to have an "increased" chance of carrying over the hermi trait to the next gen.
    I would bin them, use fresh reg's or feminized.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    A Female plant that pollinate's "It's Self" will produce an XX Seed. Even though it has Male sex organ's, the Pollen is an X Chromosome. You will either get a Female or a Hermi. In this method you are inbreeding, keeping the same genetic's.

Two Female plant's, one "Pollinating" the "other" Female. This will produce an XX Seed. The Male Pollen is still an X Chromosome, in this method you are "changing" the Genetic's.

And there are "Two Methods" to achive this outcome through,

#1 Natural Rodalization.

#2 Chemically induced Hermaphroditisum.

The pollen contains only female, or X, chromosomes because the plant has no Y, or male, chromosomes. The progeny will inherit an X from the male flower’s pollen and an X from the egg donor female flower. The resulting seeds can only inherit two X chromosomes, which means that almost all the resulting seeds will be girls! Congratulations!

Now you got it! The plant that "pollinated itself" does have a higher chance of having hermie seeds, but if it's pollinated by another girl then "True Feminized" seeds you will have. To a point...

Breeder's these day's dont Feminize Seed's through "Rodalization". As we have CS & STS Methods.
    The "Hermi Trait" is "breed out" over time, till it give's a stable strain. Accounting for the 99.99% chance.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. A plant that pollinates itself through rodelization, whether naturally or induced, will produce female seeds.
    A plant that produces both female and male flowers (balls) early in flower is a true hermaphrodite and any seeds produced will carry the hermaphrodite trait.

To the OP - when you say your plant hermied - did it produce balls early in flower or did it produce nanners late in flower?

5. Throw the plant away?
    There maybe seeds in the bud, but not necessarily.
    A plant that easily throws out male flowers isn't desirable breeding stock so I wouldn't bother growing out the seeds

6. It did not have balls early in flower I ended up moving and there is a hemp field near by and I'm pretty sure the wind blew the hemp plants in. But I am growing indoors now

7. This is the plant 20190815_192447.jpg

8. I do rodelization to obtain seeds and never have issues with hermies.

9. #10 Digger, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Is this all you do is disagree 210 of them, this is not the political section! And stop trolling my post's...