Hermie seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bllhr, Feb 21, 2017.

1. I had some Cindy 99 and White Widow plants that hermied. I let them do their thing and I got quite a few beans, when I tried to germinate them I got nothing, tried everything, they just wont germ. Popped some open and they are wet as a zit after a week or so in paper towels, starting dry so they are getting moisture in. I thought they just not fertile but I had some cups I put outside a few months ago when they would not come up. We had some freezing nights and warm days since then. Two out of four came up this morning. I am at a loss on whats going on.
    Anybody got some ideas?

2. Well they will probably be herm just so you know. Its in there genes now.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I know, but they are good strains and free beans, I have the space to keep them by themselves, hard to complain about that. We had a power outage during the night and I did not notice for a few weeks. Upgraded to digital timers with battery backups so it wont happen again.

4. I really don't know but it don't sound like you let them dry enough perhaps? They may even require some aging, i really don't know but am interested in the subject since I would like to produce some seeds if i can do it in a way that the plant is still usable, just with seeds... feminized seeds that is.

5. The buds from mine were great, maybe a little smaller than normal but they were loaded with sugar and tasted great. Just have to clean them a little more or suffer thru the bowl explosions.
    I am going to try again in a few weeks and see if they do need some dry time, they were harvested last Nov.