hermie seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TATtheHOOD, May 2, 2013.

1. I had a blue mystic herm out on me and its got a few seeds but its really good smoke. If I plant these seeds are they more likely to become hermie than any other seed? Or prone to unhealthy traits?

2. Most likely a hermie man. The hermaphrodite genes get passed on so they tend to end up being hermies. Although i think hermies have something to do with fem seeds im not completely sure though. Maybe somebody a little more knowledgeable will give you the full low down.

3. Cool man I appreciate the input

4. Ur seeds will be feminized thats how breeders get female seeds. Ive had a few plants give me seeds and i always regrow them ,and they turned out females , a few times the seeds i replanted come up as female but during the last weeks of flowering produced a few seeds. and in my opinion thats not a bad thing free seeds that produce mostly seedless buds .
    I got an OG kush right now that has maybe 2 seeds over the whole plant , im really hoping they r not duds as this OG is da BOMB.

Note: if the seeds r white they r duds. Only reusable seeds are the ones that have a marble type effect, also u can see if they r duds or not by putting them in water for 24hrs if they float they r duds if they sink they r good to plant . I usually do that with the seeds I find on my buds.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Damn really. Well fuck man...looks like ill go ahead and germinate a couple. Thanks man

6. But a quick note : these seeds can become hermie very quick the last weeks of flowering if their conditions r changed, meaning u go off the 12/12 lighting times , or if the grow area gets too hot for too long , any type of stress really can make them hermie. just keep an eye out during the last weeks and u will be good to go .
    I recently experimented with it and they dont like that :D

7. Cool. It takes seeds 6 weeks to actually form into seeds. So I wouldnt think the last few weeks would be horrible for her to turn. Granted I would never want that to happen