Hermie Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Abukuchick, Apr 23, 2003.

1. I have a question about hermies....what do they look like? Lets say that you have a plant that is about 5 feet tall and it has been on 12/12 for a week and a half. Also, lets say that it is starting to have noticeable bud beginnings but there are also some funny looking things at the next lower node. It kinda looks like male preflowers but not quite.....would this be a hermie or just the way the plant is flowering? I have never seen a real plant in the process of budding and it is hard to tell for sure from pictures I've seen. I'm really surprised that this plant is flowering at all (doesn't even look like a pot plant, I hurt it in every way when it was growing) and wouldn't throw it out if it was a hermie, just wondering. Any thoughts??

-Martha

2. Hmm.......removing the male parts, I can think of a couple of A** Holes I'd like to do that to! :p How would I remove just the pollen sacks? If I don't remove them and let the whole plant keep on going, what would happen to the pot? Am I right in thinking that it would only make the buds have seeds or would it do something else? I don't really care either way because I can't even believe that this plant is still alive...good old "Sprouty"! Thanks for the reply Woody, I apreciate it! :)

3. If you let the plant go without removing the male parts it will produce seed, which will lower the yield and the quality of the smoke. If it was a it was a nayural herm. the seeds will produce herm.s also. However if it was a natural female that went herm due to stress, all the seeds will be female. Some people use this method to inbreed and stabilize a strain for breeding hybrids.

4. I hate to be a pain, but how do I remove just the male parts while leaving the female parts intact? Thx!

-martha

5. I'm starting to think it might be just a male :( Every day the part that looked female is staying the same and the parts that look male are growing FAST. I'm gonna wait a little while longer, only been flowering for 2 weeks or so and all could change (especially since I don't know exactly what I'm looking at LOL) with time. Hmm........don't know what else to say.

-Martha

6. Hang in there, ive had my share of male and hermie plants.They will start to look like grape clusters, If your not seeing any little WHITE hairs poking around anywhere its probably a boy. Or a hermie...you know I used to pick the male parts off with my hand (hi-tech method) or use tweezers, I got to be to hard to keep up with and eventually tainted and seeded my other plants. I dont reccomend propogating males unless your breeding and the ONLY reason I can think to keep a hermie is if it is your ONLY plant.

Good luck