Hermie question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Telebubbies, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Hello. So one of my AK 47 plants turned into a hermie. I immediately took it out of the tent so it doesn't turn any of the other plants into hermies. It turned into a hermie from when I put it with the outside plants for its first 2 weeks in flower, and a male must have pollinated it. So it is an ak 47 plant that turned into a hermie. So it is relatively high in THC due to the strain.
    Now my question is. How different is a hermie to normal buds? I understand a hermie is like male mixed with female? Not too sure. But let's say (hypothetically), I sell the buds I grow. And then I were to sell the hermies. And let's say I sell the proper female buds for $10 a g. Then (again, hypothetically), I wanna sell the hermies for $7 a g. Would it still be worth it? Or is it poopy weed if it's a hermie? How much of a difference will it be, roughly?
    Thanks

2. I make edibles, and had some recent hermies.
    My normal sleeping dose of good flower is about 5/8 gram, but I need about 1.0 gram per dose to get medicated with my hermie edibles. That means the hermie herb was about 60% as strong as I'd hoped, using my body as a lab tester.
    The lack of visual appeal could make your hermie herb sell for less than $7.

3. Well, looks like I'm not gonna see much of a profit from this one.. And I am pretty baked right now, and I wasn't too sure on what you said.
    Can you rephrase that? When you talked about the dosing and all that math stuff with 60% and 5/8 and 1.0g and that other stuff?
    thanks

4. As best I can tell, my hermie herb is only 60% as strong as regular herb.
    Hermie herb lacks visual appeal, which could make it hard to sell.

5. Ahh ok. So then I guess I will have to keep it to myself

6. Forgot to mention that I left the seeds in.
    Excruciating removal of seeds could increase the quality up to normal, but edibles don't care about seeds, if you use enough herb.