Hermie? Please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GenghisBong, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Im about 30 days in 12/12

Just noticed on a few plants some type of sack here and there. they look like footballs.

They are not in the same place and appear to be spotty. Some in the bud some on the stems. Any Ideas would be appreciated. Already cut the biggest plant down cause we thought these sacks were male flowering in the bud sites

Attached Files:

2. looks like she got stressed a bit...and grew some balls.

I've salvaged a plant or three with plastic wrap (food grade, cheap). wrap a bit around the area(s) so it can't spread the pollen.

The quality will take a hit but at least most of the grow won't go to waste considering she looks healthy otherwise.:wave:

save the seeds too, they could be worth sprouting

3. hmm think the plastic wrap will hold off the pollen for 30 more days? I would hate to loose the room

they are on the top left in the pic

I have 2 White widow in there and they look good

Attached Files:

4. He was probably thinking it was your only plant, since you seemed worried about it... which doesn't seem to be the case after seeing the second picture.

With all those other plants, I'd be killing anything that isn't a female... it's up to you, though.

5. I'm just wondering.Can you castrate it?You know just make a lil' snip?I'm new to growing and the Herms....

6. I could have sworn I read a thread, either here or on another forum, where a guy was doing that... and ended up missing one. ;)

I never dealt with one, but if I wanted to try, I think I'd base my decision on what else was in the room. If it's an only plant, or you can isolate it, you don't really have anything to lose. Or if you want seeds.

I've also read a few where they just moved them outside, but this probably isn't the best time of year for that, for many people.

7. Yeah I would snip that male flower off. Turn off the fans as not to spread pollen if it blows.

8. Im starting to think I have some Light leakage. I think I seen it on another plant too.

This is realy a shame. I want to save it but I dont want to put the other girls in jepordy.

As for turning the fan off, you think that will work.I have a pretty hefty carbon filtering system for odor control.

I guess I need to just buy a month. If I can keep it suppressed for 30 days Ill be happy

It just hurts.the plant that the 1st pic is of has to be worth around 1k if you know what I mean

9. Then try taking the hermied plant out of the room and then castrate it. And try to fix the light leaks, that will do it.

10. stopping light leak will end hermie growth ?

Im going to look and see if I have any light leek early tomorrow morn.If there is light leak I will put a end to it.

11. Hopefully, but you still need to slip that male flower.

12. I had the same thing happen.... I snipped off the male parts and watched it for a few days... everything was fine... I lost a big bud.. but not the whole crop..