Hermie or swollen calyxes or something else?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by xReDeYeZ, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Been looking for nanners and haven't really seen any yet but will keep checking but these little balls sketch me out. Is this a hermied plant, swollen calyxes, or something different? Should I pull them off or just harvest the plants now? Only got like a week or two left. I see these along all of my plants it seems. I pulled a couple off and didn't find any seeds inside but I would rather pull early than risk getting seedy bud.

2. It looks like the bracts (which you're referring to as the calyx) is swollen. Pull one off and see if you have a tiny green seed.

If you do then it's been pollinated and you had a male or hermie in or near your tent

Attached Files:

3. It doesn't 100% mean your crop is ruined and seeded though. You could have had a stressed female Hermie on you and only produce a couple pollen sacs which wouldn't normally do enough damage to ruin everything.

I've had 2 sacs open in my tent and the seeds don't even develop enough for you to know they are there!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've pulled like 10 off and haven't found any seeds or anything hard but I did see a little white seed looking thing in one or two but it was tiny and soft and not green. Any idea?

5. No that's just what is normally in females!! I didn't notice you said you're only a week or two away! You're all good bro, those are probably just swollen female bracts that normally occur towards the end of flower.

If they turn amber and get swollen early on in flower is when you need to worry!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Found what appears to be a nanner? on 2-3 lower branches.. Does that mean the plant is already hermied? If so could I pull now and avoid seeds? The buds are close enough to be decent harvest. Or are they already doomed? :(