Hermie or not?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Morc66, Jan 19, 2022.

1. High folks, first time here. On my first-ish grow. My problem is with a clone from an autoseed I just finished.
    I didn't think you could get a male from a female clone, so I'm guessing this is a hermy. I had one herm in the first round and it looked very different though. Being my first clone, I'm not sure how to give a timeline but I've just finished week 4 on feed schedule and flushed once. Topp IMG_20220119_093004751.jpg ed once. IMG_20220119_092425482.jpg Using fox farm soil + nutes, 3 gal fabric pots (replacing with new 10g), 2 x Mars hydro TS1000 @18", Exhale CO2, diurnal temp range 74-85F, humidity approx 40%, ph6.5.

2. Small top picture looks male. Can't tell with the larger picture. I don't see any true hermie signs.

3. Yep, balls on both

4. Thanks for responding. I didn't think you get a male from a female clone

Attached Files:

5. There are many different ways a cannabis plant can hermaphrodite. Some can have a full male branch, some may form only a few clusters on low light growth, others will slip just the nanners while others still present full balls..some will do it only indoor while being a champ outdoors.
    Some won't even be viable pollen while others will ruin your grow.
    Where experience really all comes into play.
    It's truly a whacky world of weeds!
    As the saying goes," life will find a way"
    I tend to chop anything which presents Hermie signs before week five or six of bloom, as well as always growing more than you plan on seeing to fruition, and killing ones you may not want to for spaces sake and staging. Hard game. Best of luck.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Thank you, as of now the clusters only appear to be at the junction of the branches I trained. Thinking I might have over done the LST.

7. Get it away from your female plants ASAP.
    Dont do what I did and try to pull the random balls off.
    Mine got wise to that, and in the middle of flower, threw nanners and polinated every bud.
    Seed city is where you are headed....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeah no sense in ever messing with a hermie unless it's your only plant. Males and hermies don't fuck around and will destroy your ladies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. You don’t but those are male flowers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Any female plant can hermie when stressed enough, including female clones. No female flowers?

11. Feed it to the worms

12. Update. I removed one of the larger 'balls' sliced it open and it was full of bananas. The balls have only formed at the nodes of the branches I did LST on, so i have removed them. The plant just finished wk 5 feeding schedule and is growing like crazy, but no signs of flowers anywhere else, on 18/6.
    At the moment it's no danger to any other plants so I'm gonna keep on it and see what happens. If there's no sign of flower by end of week, gonna switch it to 12/12.
    Just doing this for fun- because I kept reading you couldn't do it

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. What is an autoseed?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I meant autoflower

16. There is no way you got a clone that size off an autoflower....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeah, so people keep saying...
    Stalk is 10" to point I topped it (been told you can't do that with autos too) main branches are over 8" long.

18. Today

Attached Files:

19. Did it flower on its own or do you have a 12/12 light cycle going? It might just not be an auto because they really just dont get that big usually.

20. If it is truly an auto, i would say the herm is from the stress of cloning an auto.