Hermie or female?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Siberiansuperjew, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Hi, I've been in flower for a little over 2 weeks and I'm a beginner so having a hard time deciding if these are female plants with un opened pre flowers or if they are hermaphroditic, I have 6 plants total and they are doing very well! Is there anyway I can save them?

Attached Files:

2. The two close ups are hermies.

3. Since They are young could I go through and pick off all the balls and get some decent bud out of them? Just don't want my first grow to be a total loss.

• Like Like x 1
  4. u can but it will have seeds no matter how many you pick off they will continue putting more on

• Like Like x 1
  5. do you have light leaks?

6. also shouldnt use tin foil as reflector.. get mylar off amazon or local grow shop

• Like Like x 1
  7. The plants are in an unused room with no windows in a closet so there aren't any light leaks. is there a reason that tin foil is bad? Just out of curiosity. I have hardly any money invested into this so I was trying to stay cheap.

8. You can but you need to get them all if you can and you have to do it every day because they can keep popping up all through flower. I had three hermies last run, got almost all the balls. Smokes killer, plants were huge and as a bonus i got some fem seeds out of it lol. :smoke: I know it was stress that hermied them so i'm not worried about the next generation.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think mine were Hermie from seed because very early I noticed both male and female pre flowers. The buds already smell great so I'm hoping for the best!

• Like Like x 1
  10. If you get the balls they can be good there's no doubt in my mind because i've done it. You just have to be diligent about those balls. If you can get em all witch is virtually impossible your crop might as well be sensamilia. This is my third run and so far it's my first with no hermies but all the plants have been good.

11. Big thing is if you have non hermie plants you don't want them getting polinated either if you can i'd separate them.

12. All six of my plants are hermaphroditic so it's probably going to be a pain in the ass. It's only been a little over two weeks since I started flowering and they have developed trichomes.

13. No doubt that sucks

14. That's why we used ordered feminized seeds most the time....I had a few regulars this time a gift from close friend and got lucky the ones I brought indoor were females out the three outdoors ones two was males and my biggest the were bushy and everything looked just like great plant to bad though

15. You said if you can't get them all your CROP might as well be sensimillia well sensi means all female so that would make them Not sensimillia

16. Btw you will have few seeds they should be feminized since the female male flower will produce female pollen at least always seen that.... Second it will not be as strong as all female as instead of focusing on making nothing but THC she will have to focus on making babies.... Try cutting all the balls off with scalpel keep down as much possible and you might can keep potency up and get no seeds

17. Potency usually cuts in half as she splits the energy

18. Well if you pluck all the balls off they might as well be female so yeah it might as well be. . Anyway i plucked the balls off obviously i missed some and got seeded a little. the buds were fat and potent and i ended up with 1.66 pounds from 4 plants of potent hermie bud that's better than 80% of what's in the dispensary. I gave up listening to rumors and i'm speaking from experience now.

19. a little less potent maybe but i can't tell the difference.

20. Well thank you to everyone who helped shed some light on this for me, I pinched all the balls off that I could see, and I replaced my tin foil with mylar and it definitely reflects better then the tin did, although running a little warmer now 78°