Hermie Or A Total Male?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tysonali, Aug 19, 2014.

1. #1 Tysonali, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    I have this in its own room- it is my first attempt at growing and it's from bag seed of some decent stuff I had a while back. I only one have one plant so if it is a hermie I will probably keep it so I can at least get some bud out of it. If it is male should I keep it in flower in hopes that I get some tri's on it to use it for hash?

Attached Files:

2. #2 Tysonali, Aug 19, 2014
    How do I post a pic?

3. Click the "More Reply Options" in the quick reply here, it then opens your ability to "browse" and "attach" photos from your computer to here. Or if you prefer, upload a pic to imgur.com and link it here.

4. Thanks NGP

5. @Tysonali  After seeing the pic, you 100% have a male. Since you don't have any other seeds going, and if you just want a learning experience in growing cannabis plants, grow it out and learn about lighting feeding, deficiencies, etc. But most people chuck the males, and if you are in a position to pop another bean in hopes for a female, I'd do that instead....because afterall, we want female plants...not male plants, no matter how little THC you can render from them (which isn't enough to validate the cost of the grow IMO)

6. #6 NEFarmer, Aug 19, 2014
    Agree whole lotta balls
    Trash it

7. #7 Tysonali, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    I was afraid of that...thanks guys. I have 2 that are in veg now in the next room so hopefully I have better luck.

8. here is a male I had not too long ago, actually about 12 males cuz they were all clones from the same plant

Attached Files:

9. If you've got two more that will be going in that room, get that male out before it pops. Pollen can hang around and get recirculated by fans and stuff and you'll end up with seeds instead of buds. If he's already popped his pollen, clean everything before you put more plants in there.

10. #10 NGP, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014

MY EYES :eek:

On a serious note, how did you end up with male clones? meaning your clone source never happened to later mention that the plant you got 12 cuttings from was a boy? jeez I'd be pissed

11. I popped this single only bagseed ive ever found, took all the clones hoping for a female so I would have them for summer.
    never had a chance to throw one in flower until all the clones were moved outside.
    but thankfully they were all still in Solo cups and not in holes in the ground.
    so nothing lost nothing gained, I never spent any money on them thankfully, or I would be pissed