hermie in flower room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GardenGuru, Dec 3, 2009.

1. hey guys first post new to the site, questions a few hermie plants in flowering room 4 weeks in needless to say they were destroyed do i need to worry about my other plants being pollinated thanks

2. There is no point in worrying. If it happened then it happened. There is no going back.

If the seed pods were tiny and underdeveloped and/or you removed the hermie before any of the pods opened then you are free and clear. If a pod did open in the flowering space, disgorging its pollen, then you will get seeds.

3. thanx, the plant was all female until week 4 then started showing just a few like 3 or 4 tiny pods very hard to see. So im just being worried I sprayed the room with water and sprayed nearby plants soon as it was spotted. thanks guys

4. I spent the evening picking the balls off my female plants that went hermie, about 2 weeks into 12/12. Don't really care - it's a bagseed grow, and I suspect that unless I'm a nut about continuing to pluck the balls off, they will continue to produce pollen sacks, and pollinate my flowers the moment I become less vigilant.

Sigh. Fine. Whatever. I'm going to order feminized seeds now. This was just a practice run. I've learned alot. Weed with seeds, is better than no weed at all, and that's what I've got right now.

I'm thinking of doing Jack Herer, because of the favorable sativa/indica mix. I'm told it's a classic, and pretty good for he medical problems I have. If anyone has any experience with Jack, (smoking or growing), I'd love to hear it.

After I get the first plants from my feminized seeds, it will be clones all the way.

Does anyone know, if I have to worry about using the same space that may have had pollen in it? Does pollen degrade over time - become less biologically active?