HERMIE HELP!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rackem122333, Apr 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. so im on week 5 of flowering i notice these tiny nanners on some of my nug sites, i have it in a closet sealed with a piece of tarp but my grow tent is also in the same room and i fear cross pollination, what is the best thing to do in this situation? can i make hash out of the hermie plant? and if so, what is the process? please help this is my first grow and this is absolutely killing me.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Is this the only one in your room?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just take a pair of tweezers and yank the nanners.

J

4. no i have a grow tent in the same room, the plant with nanners is in my closest and i sealed the closest off with tarp and duct tape. And should I let it go until harvest or just make hash out of it ????

5. I had a hermie one time and I thought I was doing a good job of removing pollen sacs but I ended up finding a bunch of sacs on the insides of the buds next to the stem.

I had seeds but every seed I have grown from that plant has been a female with no hermies.

I would suggest pulling it and harvesting it so you don't pollinate your other girls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Yank the sacks or chop the plant cus thc production is slowing down due to energy redirection creating something other than bud on a female plant loses its kick. Harvesting now and making hash sound like a good idea before it regressed in potency. You can actually smell the difference in a week's time. Hope that helped.

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. That's basically how femonized seeds are made, it called play in Herman or breeding Herman. Now they spray the plants in cooidial silver to sterilize the male characteristics that all seeds carry. That's why you got a high rate of female's but if you pollinate those 2nd gen plants from the hermie for more seed then you will likely have a high rate of hermies and males to female ratio.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If its a few just take them off. The only issue i ever had was unstable death star bag seeds. Hermied so hard i couldnt fight the fight and just let it go. 4 plants in that tent. The mega herm had some seeds and a ton of nanners everywhere. Other 3 plants were straight sensi

• Like Like x 3
  9. Your right punch, if you catch'em early and keep on picking them off you're good but remember that stress will bring them on too like going off cycle w/your lights and the plant gets confused and turns on itself as a defense mechanism. Unfortunately, I've noticed those little bastards seem to start from the top down instead of bottom going up. This is a huge problem cus gravity does the job it's supposed and damn old Herman shows up to the party iuninvited!

• Like Like x 1
  10. How do you tell hermie. I noticed a growth today I didn't know what it is. Pic blurry of course. It's at a node but no pistil [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. All i was saying really is it isnt a LOCK that a crop is ruined over a few nanners. People get excited when a gorgeous gal throws a nanner late. No biggie for me. All natural

Sent from my LGLS660 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. In time you will grow better plants ..
    check that is a herm, extract and terminate
    sorry
    removing the pollen sacs does not make it a female any more than if your pollen sacs were ripped off