Hermi plant 5 weeks in flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SnorkChris420, Feb 17, 2015.

1. I have a couple plants and have now noticed that one has gone hermi?

Also what do you recommend
    Should I cut it or keep if alive and just trim the balls.. (Will be hard)

Also would it have pollinated the other plant as they were next to each other? If so would it have effected the outcome massively?

Thanks any help would be good ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424212572.967560.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424212584.516736.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424212593.466771.jpg

2. When the balls open to bananas. ..you have screwed the other ones...its a gamble....it would be yanked if mine when its sitting next to females

3. I have moved away into another room, and I believe there are a few tht will have opened up
    Would it cause the other to grow hundreds of seeds or just a few? Or does it all depend

Defiantly thinking bout destroying it or drying it and getting what ever it has at the moment

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 str8jacket, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    I would put it somewhere to collect the pollen it produces. Bend it over so it's outside the pot and put a sheet of wax paper under it to catch the pollen.

With pollen from a hermie you can pollinate a couple lower buds of a stable female (not hermie prone) and get feminized seeds.

5. The bigger question is why did they hermie? You either have some hermie prone seeds or some type of stress caused it.

How old were the seed plants before you switched them to 12/12? Flipping young seed plants (less than 4-5 weeks) into flowering I believe makes them more prone to hermie. The only time I've ever had hermies is from seed plants that were switched to flower at 2-3 weeks.

6. Hermaphrodites are primarily genetic and more prevalent in sativa's.

Some plants will be herm no matter what. The smoke can still be good but the genetics are not anything to be saved.

Make hash all the same.

7. It stressed abit during younger days, also only plant that had purple stems, I have cut the plant ain't gonna bother getting the pollen I have hanged it up somewhere hoping to get a few baby immature buds haha

8. I never had a plant hermie like that. i have had a single banana form and picked it with no problem at harvest.

9. Thats the gamble haha....with minimal air flow....might not have many seeds....with good air flow....you can ruin the whole tent with about 10 open bananas.....dry it out and smoke what you got....leave it.....its up to you....i wouldn't leave it with some pretty ladies