hermaphrodite plants=feminized seeds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chi-NYer, Mar 26, 2011.

1. So my buddy stumbled upon some hermaphrodites in his crop and as a result they had seeds. He claims that because of the seeds coming from a hermaphrodite plant they will most likely be feminized... Is this true?:D

2. The pollen from the Hermie pollen sacks would need to be pollenated with a Female plant, then she should theoretically produce Feminized seeds.

3. Yeah he said something along those lines too.... So if his plant was a female before going hermy then the seeds are them feminized basically... sweet! Thank you sir

4. No No No, I miss spoke!

If a plant starts out Female and turns hermie then it will produce hermie seeds. You would need to take pollen from a hermie pollen sack and pollenate it with an ACTUAL ALL Female Plant to get Feminized Seeds.

Sorry that I didn't clarify that before.

5. What is it called when you take two different females and turn them both hermi, then pollinate both those with another female?

I understand you would get feminized seeds, how would you label that in a description of genetics.

White Widow: Feminized turned hermi for pollen
    White Rhino: Feminized turned hermi for pollen

Then G13 Haze: Female left alone to accept pollen and create feminized seeds.

So lets say for testing purposeds I called this strain: White13 Haze

So in descriptions I see father White Widow/White Rhino

mother G13 Haze

Are the hermis considered the father?

How would you label something with multiple hermi's?

Its my curious day? :confused: ;) :D