Hermaphrodite Male Plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by OdinsGarden, Sep 16, 2019.

1. I have one. Up until about the time that the hurricane passed by it was totally male. Not a pistil in sight, just pollen sacs. I checked on it today and I saw buds forming above male flowers all over the plant. The strain is MK ultra. Seeds are forming all over. Genetically speaking, will these seeds be viable? What will they produce? I know female herm plants produce either fem or herm seeds, but what will seeds from a male herm plant produce? What will it produce if it gets cross-pollenated by one of the other 3 male plants? Mad science!

2. Which one......a hermie......or a male??

3. Oddly enough, I planted 6 seeds from last year's hermie plant. Only 3 took and they are now beautiful females. Go figure! I wouldn't place my bet on that, though. LOL. As for the hermie, I'm hoping seeds is your thing and it isn't anywhere NEAR your female plants because trust me, it will be a disaster! As mentioned, it happened to me last year :-(

4. Yeah. I heard that Female hermies will do that and create feminized seeds. I had 4 males (now 3 males and a hermie) and 4 females. I've been selectively pollenating lower buds so i can make some nice hybrids and never have to buy seeds again. The females are in a nice enclosure in the sunny part of the yard while the males and the hermie are against the back fence. Im not really worried about unintentional pollenation from wind, but the bumble bees sure do love those male plants and I suspect that they'll be responsible for a few random seeds. But thats fine. I like weed and I like seeds. Its just nature doing her thing.

I'm just really curious what the seeds from the male hermie will grow into. Its either going to be some weird, disfigured things, males or crazy bioweapon weed, at least in my estimation. The strain is MK ultra after all.

5. It was a male. Then it turned hermie.

• Agree Agree x 1