Herman Cain, Jon Huntsman, and Rick Perry for MMJ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xBrent, Nov 17, 2011.

1. #1 xBrent, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    *Shit, prolly shoulda put this in Presidential Elections 2012...If a moderator would move it that'd be awesome :)

Cain says legalizing medical marijuana should be up to states - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Whether or not these candidates actually believe this is one thing, but still this was quite shocking to me...

Herman Cain:

2. hmmm, certainly a change of heart since September

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRbYO69MdAk]Herman Cain Dodges Medical Marijuana Question at 2011 Ames Straw Poll - YouTube[/ame]

3. My first choice for president is
    Dr. Ron Paul.

I was unaware of Mr. Cains view on Medical Cannabis. He was my 2nd choice, anyway. But this definitely moves me to look at Cain a little more closely.

4. #4 xBrent, Nov 17, 2011

My thoughts exactly. I still support Ron Paul as my first pick, but this makes me a little more open to looking at Herman Cain.

This is what I'm worried about. That this is just to get more votes, and he actually opposes it... Either way, at least he's coming out and saying he supports it. That in itself is a nice change.

5. Pandering.

6. #6 MrWeeds, Nov 17, 2011
    [quote name='"Workethic"']

My thoughts exactly. I still support Ron Paul as my first pick, but this makes me a little more open to looking at Herman Cain.[/quote]

I will not vote for Perry, Romney, Bachman, Hunstman or Santorum.
    Perry and Romney are career politicians. Yuck.
    Bachman is a dumbass.
    Hunstman and Santorum? I really have no opinion on these two, other than they just plain have no chance.
    Cain, i am not a fan of the 9.9.9 plan, although it does have it's merits.
    Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate, imo that has a chance of beating Obama. Liberal leaning media, and even fox news do not like Ron Paul for the same reason as RNC.
    He represents ACTUAL change.

That is just my 2cents.

Puff Puff Pass
    *edit*
    I forgot Newt……
    Nuff said.

7. Dude, this guy flip-flops all the time. First he said that he would do a similiar move to Israel's Gilad Shalit move, then he changes his mind later on. He said
    he was for the woman's right to choose, then he said he is against abortion. I don't believe he really knows the issues, he's just basically fed talking points.
    I think I saw a video where be wanted to spend more on the Drug War. Not to metnion his openly close ties with Koch Brothers... Cain is definitely not a good candidate.

8. Either way, it's good to see this issue being even talked about, and even "supported"! This shows that it is something that the politicians know they should support to get votes. Basically Herman Cain supporting this even if he's lying, is making this issue more important.

9. Obama said this too.

10. It's certainly pandering and if elected I doubt he would leave it up to the states because the pharmaceutical and industrial complexes would advise him not to.

11. People would like to be optimistic about this, I know the urge is strong to believe, mmj has been a joke in DC for years. Yet when you look at the all the facts Cain is nothing more then a gatekeeper for the Federal Reserve, aka the bankers that destroyed 95% of the value of your USD, and bailed out all their Wall Street firms at your expense.

12. [quote name='"Workethic"']

Either way, it's good to see this issue being even talked about, and even "supported"! This shows that it is something that the politicians know they should support to get votes. Basically Herman Cain supporting this even if he's lying, is making this issue more important.[/quote]

Exactly.
    I never really gave any of the other candidates a second thought, beyond the debates.
    Perry Sabotaged himself.
    Bachman is very One Dimensional running purely on established ideology. I don't think she has an original idea.
    Newt? No comment.
    Huntsman and Santorum? No clue.
    Cain? aside from the media blitz on him, he has done well in debates.
    But like i stated. I will look at him more closely.

Pharma weilds a big sword in DC.
    Ron Paul is the only one who I believe will tell them where to stick it.

13. If you want to know how candidates will vote on certain issues, look at who their biggest donors are.

OpenSecrets.org: Money in Politics -- See Who's Giving & Who's Getting

Obama 08

University of California \t$1,648,685
    Goldman Sachs \t$1,013,091
    Harvard University \t$878,164
    Microsoft Corp \t$852,167
    Google Inc \t$814,540
    JPMorgan Chase & Co \t$808,799
    Citigroup Inc \t$736,771
    Time Warner \t$624,618
    Sidley Austin LLP \t$600,298
    Stanford University \t$595,716
    National Amusements Inc \t$563,798
    WilmerHale LLP \t$550,668
    Columbia University \t$547,852
    Skadden, Arps et al \t$543,539
    UBS AG \t$532,674
    IBM Corp \t$532,372
    General Electric \t$529,855
    US Government \t$513,308
    Morgan Stanley \t$512,232
    Latham & Watkins \t$503,295

Democrats and Republicans infested with bankers & the MIC, surprise surprise.

Now what about that cranky old guy the media doesn't like to talk about, what evil corporations and special interests are lining his pockets?

Summary data for Ron Paul | OpenSecrets

Ron Paul 2012 campaign:

Individual Contributions $12,122,816
    - Small Individual Contributions 6,075,354 (48%)
    - Large Individual Contributions 6,114,372 (48%)\t(96%)

PAC Contributions \t$0\t(0%)
    Candidate self-financing\t$0\t(0%)
    Federal Funds\t$0\t(0%)
    Other\t$500,605\t(4%)

14. [quote name='"xmaspoo"']If you want to know how candidates will vote on certain issues, look at who their biggest donors are.

OpenSecrets.org: Money in Politics -- See Who's Giving & Who's Getting

Obama 08

University of California \t$1,648,685
    Goldman Sachs \t$1,013,091
    Harvard University \t$878,164
    Microsoft Corp \t$852,167
    Google Inc \t$814,540
    JPMorgan Chase & Co \t$808,799
    Citigroup Inc \t$736,771
    Time Warner \t$624,618
    Sidley Austin LLP \t$600,298
    Stanford University \t$595,716
    National Amusements Inc \t$563,798
    WilmerHale LLP \t$550,668
    Columbia University \t$547,852
    Skadden, Arps et al \t$543,539
    UBS AG \t$532,674
    IBM Corp \t$532,372
    General Electric \t$529,855
    US Government \t$513,308
    Morgan Stanley \t$512,232
    Latham & Watkins \t$503,295

Democrats and Republicans infested with bankers & the MIC, surprise surprise.

Now what about that cranky old guy the media doesn't like to talk about, what evil corporations and special interests are lining his pockets?

Summary data for Ron Paul | OpenSecrets

Ron Paul 2012 campaign:

Individual Contributions $12,122,816
    - Small Individual Contributions 6,075,354 (48%)
    - Large Individual Contributions 6,114,372 (48%)\t(96%)

PAC Contributions \t$0\t(0%)
    Candidate self-financing\t$0\t(0%)
    Federal Funds\t$0\t(0%)
    Other\t$500,605\t(4%)[/quote]

Exactly.

15. I've very recently learned that my employer's pac has given Owebama's 2012 campaign just under $200K. :cry:

16. this.

17. stfu about cain already

18. [quote name='"hoboleader"']

this.[/quote]

LOL
    Fun times :)

19. Chill out, I'm not saying that people should vote for the guy because of this. I'm just letting people know his apparent stance on MMJ.

I support Ron Paul anyways.