Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Here's what's happening in CO and WA

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Glass Clown, Dec 22, 2012.

1. From this article on CBSNews about whether tobacco companies will sell cannabis products in CO and WA (who cares? I'm not going to buy a pack of marlboro doobs.)

"Washington's new law decriminalizes possession of up to an ounce of pot for people over 21. But selling marijuana remains illegal for now. The initiative gave the state a year to come up with a system of state-licensed growers, processors and retail stores, with the marijuana taxed 25 percent at each stage.

In Colorado, a 24-member task force began work on pot regulations this week. The state's Department of Revenue must adopt the regulations by July, with sales possible by year's end."

I read in a different article that the WA law gives them a year to put the rules in place to license the producers and retail stores.

Bottom line: WA in December, CO in July.

Already planning my road trip.

2. For now, in WA, the police can't question where you got your weed if you're 21 or over.

Pretty sure it's also easy to get weed here, especially good stuff.

3. Just wondering, it says nothing about cultivation.

Is cultivation illegal still?

4. Unless you have a license to grow for dispensaries (not personal), it's illegal in WA. You can have up to 5 personal plants in CO once the law is in place (I don't know if it is, I'm in WA! :p)

5. You can grow through medical. But for recreational you'll have to get a permit after the year is up. Until then it's best not to tell

6. What would the actual price of the weed end up being in Colorado?

7. 100 dollars a gram

8. Embrace the fruit of our labor

9. Amendment 64 in Colorado was indeed signed into law by the governor, John Hickenlooper on December 11th, 2012.

It's now legal to carry up to an ounce per person and to grow six plants (3 mature, 3 immature) in Colorado.