Here's my situation.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bon idee, Mar 18, 2009.

1. I live in a suburban part of Florida where the houses are pretty close together. I live with someone who isn't the biggest fan of smoking, but does have a foot disease that eats the skin off of her feet. She wants to make hemp oil, but doesn't trust anyone else to give her weed because she's from the Regan era and is still under the influence of propaganda. I showed her a documentary called the Union and she agreed that if I could find a tactful way to do it that I could experiment with growing us a couple of plants for home use.

Now, I'm a total newbie to this. I've thought about it before but the area I'm in is kind of bad for growing outside. My neighbor to the left is never home, and I live on a corner. The people behind me have a tall fence with a privacy bush on it growing because they have a pool, and the neighbors on the right wouldn't be able to see where I thought about putting them at first. I'm afraid about later. She doesn't want me to grow inside because she wants it to be as organic as possible, and as cheap as possible to grow them. She's paying for everything, but I kind of have to take the blame if we get caught because she's a nurse and she's my mother in law.

I wanted to know if I could get into a conversation with someone who could explain a few things to me.
    I need to know the best and most discreet ways to grow outside.

I only want to start with one or two plants with some reg seeds I got out of a dime. it's schwaggy but i'm just practicing. I just need some guidance.

2. #2 Squim, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    Keep your plants short with LST. It will also boost your yield. Have you thought about your roof? I don't know what kind of house you have, but roofs get lots of light and if they're big enough they hide plants pretty well. It only works for flat roofs though (obviously).

I suggest sprouting your plants and letting them veg for a while inside the house, just so they don't get ruined by weather or whatever. then once they're big enough to fend for themselves you could transplant them to bigger pots outside.

3. Could I grow them outside during the day with sunlight, and inside at night? I don't want it to be too hectic. I'm not looking to grow dank. Just strong enough for some edibles and hash oil. I'll buy smoke to actually smoke until I get to a better environment for that. I'm stuck right now with school.

My roof isn't a good idea, they send helicopters over my house all the time because ahere goes right over my house, and the police use the hospital's H pad down the road from me. But that's usually only after dark, so I'd be golden outside during the day.

I'm just kind of in awe at how much there is to learn. I'm not sure where to start. I have two seeds germinating in a napkin right now. Lol. I feel like a n00b.

4. you could always clone and veg at home, transfer to a gorilla grow somewhere safe in you area, a very low traveled area of woods maybe with sunlight? you will learn as you go like we all have :p Besides Reagan would enjoy a good toke with his jelly beans

5. #5 Squim, Mar 18, 2009
    no you could just keep them outside the whole time. If you're not looking to grow anything special, you could probably just leave them out there, occasionally watering them if there's a dry spell and giving them nutes if they're looking too glum.

also make sure that when you get your soil the NPK has N higher than or equal to P and K. P and K should be equal. When your plant starts to flower, find some nutrients for it that will boost the P. When dealing with nutrients, make sure you mix about half or 30% of what it says on the bottle into your water, or your plants will get nute burned.

Read the cannabis grow bible. It's a wonderful source of information. But it online, or download it illegally, if that's your thing.

6. I have an L shaped part to the back of my house, and the sun hits the corner I could hide them in for half the day. That's the side the neighbor is never home one, plus he has a fence between our houses so he can't see.

But in the morning half of the day, I don't know where I could hide them besides putting them in my bedroom window, and then people who drive along the road next to my house would see them sitting there. I'm having a hard time.

7. #9 Squim, Mar 18, 2009
    Also, they're probably gonna get pretty big (depending on how big your pots are) so it might be hard to move them inside and out. Is there any chance your neighbor wouldn't recognize what you're growing? And if he can't see over the fence why can't you just keep them there the whole time?

8. put up a couple of tomatoe plants surrounding the MJ plants

9. also a good idea

10. Ohh man, nice one, rep that, tomato cameo

11. That is a good idea. I have a tall lamp in my room with an extending movable reading light like this one:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9225046
    But It has a arm halfway up that moves around.

Could I put a bulb in that and grow the one plant on a table underneath it? Since It's adjustable I could move it up as the plant gets taller. Right? Or am I completely wrong lol?

12. I also wanted to know what kind of bulb to get. I read that fluorescent ones are efficient but I was wondering what wattage for one plant.