Heres my set up what do ya think?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by smokymcp0t, Nov 5, 2012.

1. hey all! So it has been a long two and a half weeks and i have just returned home from winter break. I had my roomate take care of the girls while i was gone. He didnt take care of them like i would but they are doing great still with some minor issues that i can fix. They doubled in size and are now up to the top of my chest. I am very suprised with how much growth happend when i was gone. I am about to prepare to flower them. here are some pictures, i will post more once i get the room cleaned up.

Attached Files:

2. FINALLY the flowering phase has began!! I know its a little bit late but i cant be perfect school and traveling has kept me quite busy.

My buddy taught me how to supper crop and after a long 5hour night i got my plants trimmed and tied up for flowering. I switched my metal halide bulb and put in my hps bulb. I have uploaded some pics from before i trimmed and after. I dont think i did the best job trimming and supper cropping but it was my first time and i learned alot about what i did wrong and what i did correct. So with that said i expect my next super crop job to be much better. It was very late by the time i started to trim and super crop which made it much more difficult. The stems were very thick and sturdy so bending them was a bit rough on the plant. I gave each branch alot of support so it could heal up as quick as possible. There were a few branches that i super cropped that i should not have, but they did not die just need some time to recover. I probly stunted some of them which isnt good but i still expect to get a pretty good yield.

I switched the light to 12/12 3 days ago, im not sure how long it takes the plant to realize that its time to flower and begin growing buds, but i will be sure to post pics as soon as it starts.

I have been rotating my plants 180 degrees every morning when the light turns on so that each branch will be receiving a more equal amount of light than if i were to keep them in one position the whole time. Im not to sure if this a good or bad idea, i think its good but any comments would be appreciated.

3. Im having trouble uploading photos for somereason not sure why il try to have them up by tonight

4. #45 colafarmer, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
    It's good..I turn mine 1/4 everyday

It takes 7-10 days to notice flowering after you do the 12/12 thing....Most people start their count from first sign of flowering and not at the change of the light cycle

5. Thanks for the response Cola always like to hear what u have to say.

Im trying to upload pictures i keep getting this error has anyone else got it???
    "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing."

6. Ok i got the pictures to upload i had to do it one at a time for some reason

Attached Files:

7. It has officially started about 3-4 days ago buds are forming all over the place! il post pics when i get a chance

8. Hey all, so far everything is going great better than i ever expected it too. My plants are super healthy no over nuting or under. Buds are forming way faster than i thought they would too. All which is great but, they are starting to get freaking HUGE. I have my light raised as high as it can go, maybe i can get it like 5 inches higher thats about it. My one plant is as tall as i am and is getting too close to the light. I can start to see signs of heat stress from it being to close. And since it has one been flowering for one week i know these bad girls are guna get even bigger. Suggestions would be great! il get some new pics up tonight

9. Picture update.

Attached Files:

• 070.jpg
      070.jpg
      File size:
      192.7 KB
      Views:
    • 068.jpg
      068.jpg
      File size:
      310.5 KB
      Views:
    • 062.jpg
      062.jpg
      File size:
      198.9 KB
      Views:
    • 059.jpg
      059.jpg
      File size:
      393.4 KB
      Views:
    • 071.jpg
      071.jpg
      File size:
      364.3 KB
      Views:
    • 066.jpg
      066.jpg
      File size:
      376.1 KB
      Views:
    • 063.jpg
      063.jpg
      File size:
      172.4 KB
      Views:
  10. Looking real happy....Good job....

11. Thanks cola! I trimmed them up today after i took these pictures cause there was a bunch of fan blades blocking light where buds are growing. Il try to get around to posting more pictures tomaro

12. updated pictures from today

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      341.9 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      228.7 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      404.4 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      307.4 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      310.2 KB
      Views:
    • 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      273.3 KB
      Views:
    • 019.jpg
      019.jpg
      File size:
      200.2 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      279 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      170.3 KB
      Views:
  13. Wow, lookin' real nice smokymcp0t!!

14. Thanks nullster

15. How old are they now?

16. I think today will be about day 110 something like that. I put them into 12/12 mid January. They have a good chunk of time left till there done

17. Picuture update!! All i can say is wow i never thought my bud would look as good as it is coming out. Smells great has crystals everywhere and there a whole lot of it too haha.

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      210.1 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      307.7 KB
      Views:
    • 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      259.8 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      424.7 KB
      Views:
    • 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      313.7 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      368.6 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      319 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      352.8 KB
      Views:
    • 021.jpg
      021.jpg
      File size:
      207.8 KB
      Views:
  18. Real close to a harvest man. Maybe 2-3 more weeks...The White Widow will most likely be the last plants(9-12 weeks) to ripen. Not sure on the Crystal and Ice....
    Awesome looking plants and has satisfied my curiosity as to using Aurora nutrients with coco...I can see it dose do the job....

19. yeaa thats about what i was thinking too i cannot wait to chop em down. The strains im currently using are crystal and white widow x black domina. The plant that split is crystal the other two are the hybrids. When i ordered seeds the white widow x black domina were bonus seeds so i used them first. I googled black domina and its like a hybrid of a bunch of plants so those two are like muts, and u can tell because they grow very different. One is short and grows all compact to itself while the other is just the opposite lol. Buds look similar tho.
    I am very happy i chose to use aurora nutes. Never once have i burned my plants using the reccomended strength, they are simple to mix and cheap. The only other nutes i have ever had to buy was some cal/mag cuz i use r.o water and i only used that during veg i havnt added it since they turned to flower