Here's my first grow updated as often as possible

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by drhusky, Nov 22, 2011.

1. What nutes are you exactly getting? I would reccomend fox farms ocean forrest, or some E.W.C or alfalfa meal, it has a growth hormone in there (natural of course) that helps regulate growth, along with a bunch of other minerals the plant needs.

2. my friend couldnt find me what i wanted but yea i think ill go with alfalfa meal ?

3. Go for it, . . I did just hear a rumor regarding how alfalfa meal can carry tobacco mosaic virus though, I think its b.s but Im looking into it. If not alfalfa meal definitely Earth Worm Castings. You can topdress, make a compost tea out of it, either way its the best thing you can give your plants and the microbes love it.

4. what about a cup of good tea not in packs tho i mean the ones you pour in the cup with lemon and sugar ? :D

and use the tea leaves inside the cup afterwards as topdressing ?

5. #45 Vox Continental, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
    No, you will just get insects and mold. Same goes for coffee grounds. When I refer to tea I'm refering to AACT's or actively aerated compost teas, for example.. You get 5 gallons of water and one cup of alfalfa meal, mix it together and put in an airstone attatched to an air bubbler, like what you would use for an aquarium. This aerates the water and increases the amount of microbes (aerobic microbes, or ones that need oxygen to thrive) by the thousands as opposed to anaerobic microbes which are usually pathogens and can be harmful to your plant [Think stagnant water, and why its better to drink from a river thats moving a lot as opposed to something that has sat in a bucket for a month] (Though some anaerobic organisms can be good but thats a whole other lesson). Increasing the amount of oxygen in your water not only allows your roots to breath better but increases these microherds that will give nutrients to your plants. You can dilute that solution I just recomended 50/50 with just straight water and apply it as a foliar spray, spraying it on the leaves (Put it in a gallon of water with a drop or two of NON antibacterial soap so it sticks to the leaves and has more surface area). These foliar teas can help protect against pests, heat and cold stress and disease. As well as providing direct and immediate nutrients to the plants (Like if your pH is locking nutrients out and the only way to get it a certain nutrient it might be lacking is by foliar feeding). Though "tea" like the kind you drink can only be used for fertilizer if its in a compost bin and should be in there for a few months to a year to break down into its elements and not be so insect attracting.

6. i see :) thx for the info man :) you are helping me so much :p

7. No problem, any time.

8. #48 oggestaden, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
    subbed man;) I have a thing to ad though, when you switched to 12/12 so early there is a chance the plant could go hermie... Because in nature the plant gets 12/12 in the autumn when they have had a good growth over the summer, and they start flowering. But when a plant is still to young when the autumn comes it belives it has germinated to late to get pollinated by any other plant so the only option it has is to develop male flowers pollinate it self.
    Hope this asn't happend though..
    anyways, we'll see how this turns out and good luck man, jah bless!

9. nice set up

10. oggestaden, I think your right, I have also heard that it increases the ratio of males in a crop too..

11. yeah as do acidic soil ;)

12. really..? Good to know, Ill keep that in mind.. I really need to invest in a ph tester one of these days...

But wait a minute, that begs the question, is gender determined as soon as the seed is formed? Or throughout the grow and the conditions thereof?

13. thx for input guys :)

yeah oggestaden i hope that she wont go mike tyson on me cause i pissed her off but yea lets say it was a test run :)

thanks vanquish

same vox same ph tester is really needed :S ill get one as soon as i find one :S

sorry no updates as of now cause i went to my friends but it was late so night time for the girl she was sleeping :) first thing ill do when i get there tomorrow tho :)

14. You really should move this to the organic grow journal section you know, or get some admin to do it. Lol "updated as often as possible". After a while I just upload pictures of my grow every time a new week pulls around, makes it look more organized and I can see true improvement.

15. i know i know :D come on man its my first time :) experience is what makes improvement :)

16. [quote name='"Vox Continental"']You really should move this to the organic grow journal section you know, or get some admin to do it. Lol "updated as often as possible". After a while I just upload pictures of my grow every time a new week pulls around, makes it look more organized and I can see true improvement.[/quote]

Wow I have to saw I never thought much about growing but you have made me want to, nice info and advice you deserve a fucking grow license. :)

17. Lol I actually do plan on making a carreer out of this, I'm working up a resume. I know a lot of blades frown upon this but I am 18 and I do live with a parent who is none the wiser and I have a perpetual grow going with two more under my belt. Everyday is a mental fear fest with an occasional adrenaline rush every now and then, but I learn, and do my best to grow as much as I can (Not too much though, thats for when I move out).

NCM growing is IMHO ten times better than smoking and so much safer (As opposed to buying mid from someone.. which is what I used to do, and why I have hundreds of seeds lol) and the experience is mind opening.

I'm giving it at least 5 months before I go to jail, wonder what thats gonna be like

18. [quote name='"Vox Continental"']really..? Good to know, Ill keep that in mind.. I really need to invest in a ph tester one of these days...

But wait a minute, that begs the question, is gender determined as soon as the seed is formed? Or throughout the grow and the conditions thereof?[/quote]

males grow better in acidic soil and male seedlings have a higher surviving ratio in a bit more acidic invroments

19. If ur a new grower get BC nutrients. Easy to use and easy to mix. This is what it did for my plants. Iv been grown for 5 yrs now and this is by far my fav nutrient to use.

Attached Files:

20. [quote name='"ca outlaw tc"']If ur a new grower get BC nutrients. Easy to use and easy to mix. This is what it did for my plants. Iv been grown for 5 yrs now and this is by far my fav nutrient to use.[/quote]

beutiful man! what strains are you growing?