Here's my first grow updated as often as possible

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by drhusky, Nov 22, 2011.

1. make sure those LED's are turned off (either cut the wire or remove the leds themselves) any light that isn't green during lights out will affect your plants

2. #22 drhusky, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    good thing i turned them off and left the closet open then :D cant go there now im going to sleep :)

thx for input kaz :)

can i start LST now ? during 12/12 ? or its too late ? i mean the stem is pretty flexible im flipping her real early

3. #23 sourjello73, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    Looks good homie. Sub'd for the long run. Hey my plants are about the same size. You should check out my grow! Theres a link in my sig. Good luck! And I'll keep watch... :cool:

Edit: Oh and btw you should have LST during veg :(

4. I don't have any pics. Maybe I will soon :rolleyes: but I'm just gonna let this plant do what it can under my CFLs and wait til January to get a 150w HPS. Yours are looking nice though.

5. thx for input guys :) well sucks i cant lst but doesnt matter its a test run anyways :)
    ill go check that :)

6. Hey guys :) went over to my grow place to see that the 12 hours of night worked great :)

i fixed (actually cut) the blue leds so no lights whatsoever and as you can see she is growing and growing :)

compared to the last pictures she grew a bit but still slow i guess its the CFLs :)

but anyways on the last pic u can see the yellowing of the tip and i cant figure it out :(
    whats wrong ? should i cut those tips so it doesnt affect the rest of the leave and the plant aswell ?

Attached Files:

7. hah no, cutting the tips and "hiding" from nutrient burn will not make it go away, it will just show up in other forms, and your stressing your plant by cutting it too much, let nature take its course.

8. i havent cut the plant at all :) i just topped it once :)

9. I was referring to the nutrient burn at the tip, did you just stick your plant in local soil? I know its rich and everything but you might want to consider cutting your next batch of soil (when your transplant again) with some perlite to loosen up the soil and get good aeration. I like what your doing though, will definitely be following this one.

10. I didnt give any nutes either :( and i dont have access to perlite around here pretty hardf to find. also im not planning on transplanting. hse is doing 12/12 now. do you think its needed i transplant her in fresh soil ?

11. Definitely, also I think its a tad early to 12/12 but if you have already done it DO NOT switch back, just keep staying on course. When you switch into flowering you need a good size root mass to support the new growth that occurs as well as the buds that will form. I would find some higher P and K fertilizers (Maybe some blackstrap unsulphured mollasses as well) and something to improve aeration in the soil, you dont want your whole crop ruined by mold or root rot, since your using local resources find some rocks or something and add that to your next batch, I dont know, but definitely transplant. What pot size do you have currently?

12. my pot is a 4L one so i guess its big enough for such a short time grow. ill see what i can do tho. about changing soil i dont know how to do that :D was looking for it but couldnt find how to do it :S ill go check in search again

thanks a lot for so much info vox ur helping me already :) cheers

13. The only way you could "change" the soil contents is by transplanting into a new soil mix, I wouldn't advice breaking up your roots and soil and adding new things, that will just be stressful. This is a neat learning experience though, I have flowered in a folgers coffee pot before so in theory your already off to a better start. The plant will use up the nutes in the soil fairly quick though so I would advice topdressing once this happens. By chance do you make your own compost?

14. topdressing ? im gonna look into that :)

the soil is natural that i bought from a part of my country which has the best soil ever :) just the kind of soil that doesnt need any added nutes. but guess the nutes inside are no more ? grr i really need to do something fast then :p

15. Well, nutrients derive from decay and composting of other things. Even if you have the "best" soil in your area it will be used up by your plants. Your plant actually seems like it needs more nutrients according to its light color. Things that die ( think blood meal and bone meal) feed the plants of the earth as well as waste from animals (manure, wormcastings amd even urine) and the death of plants as well (Legumes for example which contain nitrogen such as alfalfa (alfalfa meal) is what replenishes a soil. The microherd of bacteria that live in the soil thrive on this decay, as well as the sugars the plants create from these nutrients. The plant creates a drop of sugar and in return these microorganisms give the plant nitrogen for example (As well as 50 other elements that are found in "living" soil.

When you feed a plant with chemical fertilizers, the ammonia or ammonium in the chemical fertilizers kills this bacteria, therefore the plant lacks many of the trace elements it needs, the cell walls of the plant cannot retain water as well and the plant constantly needs food. Its also more suseptible to pests and disease because it is deficient and does not give much room to screw up during your grow, resulting in a scenario where if your not doing everything perfectly your yield suffers. Sorry for the long post.

16. sorry ? :D lol you kidding right :) you blew my mind :D thanks so much man :) and i know exactly what you mean :)

*dazed*

17. I threw that last part in because your going to need fertilizer soon and I didnt want you see you waste your money on advanced nutrients or miracle grow or some toxic crap like that. Feel free to ask any more questions, even if the answer is one thread over, Im somewhat of an enthusiast when it comes to this stuff, I plan on making it my career.

Are you using bagseed?

18. hey guys :)
    yeah a friend of mine is getting me some nutes today i think, so i guess we will see.

yes I have switched to 12 12 already but since it is a bagseed i dont really have high hopes for it just to see i can do it so that i can then get some good seeds and start growing some good flavored females ^_^

anyways here's it is as of today:

Attached Files:

19. Looking good, minus the red stems, you have a deficiency there. Get some garden lime so you can adjust the ph when needed, as well as helping with any deficiencies you might get along the way.

20. yeah was looking at the stems too :S will lime fix it ? bah i really need those damn nutes :(