heres an idea, good or bad?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by budblower10, Jul 5, 2006.

1. ok my plants are in 5 gallon buckets, only because i had to start over and planting quickly was very important, so buckts it was. i'd rather have them in the ground, but buying soil, tranporting it and all that again i want to avoid. im about to simply dig a 5gallon bucket sized hole and cut off the bottoms of the buckets, loosen the soil in the bottom of the hole as much as possible and then bury the buckets. im hoping that the roots will penetrate into the native soil instead of gerting root bound. any thoughts? thanks

2. i dont see any reason it wouldnt work....good luck

3. Yeah, that would work but it wouldn't hurt your plants to get them some good soil. The better the soil, the better the plants. Peace stay high.

4. Why not empty the root ball out of the bucket and bury that. Let the roots penetrate the soil from all directions.

5. ^true^ why cause unecesary restrictions to the roots. they will do a lot better in the ground

6. ur right, but if i do put them in the ground, im gonna have to go buy masssive more amount of good soil and transport it all to the site. since i have already done that in a spot where there was no sun and my plants died, i thought i would just use buckets for these. but if i out the root ball in the ground with no good soil, just native soil, they probably wont grow anymore, correct?

7. nah they should deffinitely grow. just not as well. don't forgot weed is well... a weed. it grows rather well in harsh conditions. but can grow to it's full potential if properly cared for.

water well after planting

toke on

Zog -

8. i dont think weed is a weed
    u just call it weed
    doesnt mean it is a weed
    wat makes a weed a weed anyway?
    im confused now
    but i dont think weed is a weed

i think its just an annual plant
    r all annual plants weeds
    idk

bye

9. just plant in the same amount of soil you would put in the buckets then they can grow into the native soil

10. yea that does sound good. i didnt think of that i guess lol. ok but heres a question, they are like 6 inches or so now. when i transplant (should i do it ASAP?), i get out just the plant from the pot, then take the remaining soil in the bucket and put that in the hole in the ground. Then simply transplant the plant into that hole with the soil like normal transplanting? that sounds good. I just didnt think that the roots would go thru that hard clay soil if it theres, but i guess if i lossen it up real good they def. should grow. is how i described it the same process you meant? thanks alot buddy

11. yea sounds good, just give the ground a real good mix up and the roots will penetrate it