Heres a thought about life

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by stoots420, Aug 16, 2013.

1. WHAT IF

life. all life around you. every molecule of existence. our lives. our galaxy and all we know and think is all part of a cell to something bigger's (alien/god/etc) 3rd grade science project that got a D- on?

2. Then I guess my face would be pretty red

3. I'd have to ask to meet the teacher. If all of this is worth only a D- the teacher must be a beyond MENSA. Or fuck, the principal! 

Really though, I have given this a lot of thought and I can't decide if I'd be pissed off and mortified or utterly relieved. If everything I know is just a simulation/not really there/doesn't really matter that means all the effort I've put forth, all the time, money, sweat, everything I've put into literally EVERYTHING I've done is meaningless. On the other hand, I'm in a pretty hard part of life. Just spent 40k on a piece of paper that's failing to get me a proper job, considering going to a technical school for hands-on experience and blow another 10k. Everything suddenly being fake would absolve me of all responsibility and I could just chill.

I like the feeling of accomplishment though and I'm proud of all that I had to overcome to get my piece of paper, worthless as it may be. I think I'd be pissed. Won't know for sure until I'm in the moment though. 

4. It's completely possible, especially if you believe that space and time is relative.

5. #5 MeltedMind, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    1376615754085.jpg Very interesting to think about

6. then that would be a huge slap in the face to teachers and superiors.

7. Contemplating reality...

Unfullfilling from this perspective down here.

8. oh wow mind blown braah thats like super trippy maaan like how how how do u do it dude how r u so samrt

9. Our comprehension of a subject does not negate its wonder.  I suck at math but math is the foundation of our lives and means of meaningful communication.  Maybe some of us scored a D on existence, still, it doesn't negate its grandeur.

10. That would explain a lot of all these bad results we see around us. Guess it wasn't an incompetent god after all :)