Here's a Slide I've Had for 3 Years, but You Probably Haven't Seen Yet. (And Milk)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by trikky, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Hello, GC. I bought this slide 3 years ago and never liked it much.

See, this slide used to have that pink "color-changing" fume on it, and if you have seen my glass, you can tell I'm not a fume kind of a guy.

I had this slide put for the last 2.5 years, and it was CAKED with resin. This was my pre-obsessive glass cleaning days, and when I saw this thing, my OCD got the better of me, and I was curious to see what the Grunge Off could do to this thing.

So I soaked it in a glass of Grunge Off for 24 hours, and came back to check it out and lo and behold- a new slide was born! One without the fume on it! I love it now. It proudly sits in my slide holder alongside some of the best glass artist in the world.

To me, there is just something about clear glass that I just find elegant.

Enjoy-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I dig that slide a lot Trikky.
    Is the frog actually eating the lady bug, I can't tell.
    By the way, I totally agree with the clear glass being elegant comment for sure.

3. It would seem the frog would be eating the ladybug. I don't know the artists motivation behind the placement. Wish I did though....

4. sick slide!! :smoke:

5. It's classy I would say.

6. nooooo! doesn't that frog know that lady bugs are poisonous when eaten???!

7. pretty sweet slide man, interesting art w/ the frog / ladybug

8. That frog looks like hes blowing a bubble and a lady bug flew into it.

You should have done a before and after pic of all that dirty rezzz

9. that is really cute - I like it a lot :smoking:

10. My bong has a very similar "pink fume" thing near my ice catcher. It's very small but noticeable when you're looking at it up close.

Although it doesn't bother me that much, I'd prefer it not to be there.

I might just have to do the same thing you did. Thanks for the [indirect] tip!

11. Glad you all like it. Believe me, it's much nicer now without the fume.

12. You're right about the pictures. Clear glass just get resinated so fast. Those pictures were the first and second hit I took from a clean slide, so i just assumed it wouldnt be as dirty. Good weed too.

13. sorry to ask but what is a fume?

14. fumed glass changes colour as it is used more and more

personally I think fumed glass looks sick, but to each their own. i have a few fumed and 1-2 non fumed pieces

15. i agreee with the fumed glass, i like both regular class and fumed in their own ways but i probably would prefer fumed if given the choice.

16. so how does ISO remove the fume - i'm confused

17. That's an interesting slide you got there trikky, pretty neat.

18. ISO didn't, GrungeOff did. It's not the same stuff.

19. fuck i need some grunge off, u get it offline or at a headshop?

20. so Grunge Off is a paint stripper and the fume is a film or paint?

I need edumacating on this one trikky - I have a curious mind, you see