heres a pic of my ghf white rhino!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by amnesiac, Mar 19, 2008.

1. first grow im pretty proud of myself.

Attached Files:

2. She looks happy!
    Good, job. I don't know so much about the leaves turning up like that, isn't that a Mg deficiancy? Who knows but someone might have an answer for it, unless its nothing to worry about.
    Anyway good job!

3. beautiful green leaves. I can see a little brown on a leaf on the left of that pic though, what do you think that is from, unless I am just seeing things =P

4. i believe thats from me being a noob and over feeding.

5. You definitely got serious about having a good set up. Impressive for a first timer.

6. thats what I was thinkin was the feeding. and yea that setup looks great. is it a bubble bucket? I was reading the thread on how to make one, and it seems pretty cheap, and effective. I just started my first grow, and posted my first grow journal entry tonight

7. thanks for the words of encouragement guys, my setup is far from complete, next step is a 3.5'x3.5' screen, the addition of 4 clones in buckets of their own, a 600w hps, and possibly a sulfur burner if i come up with any extra loot. the bubble foil im using keeps the water sooo cool you guys would simply not believe it.. once i get 4-500 more bucks together after that ill get a co2 tank and regulator. i should be a-ok! i had a 2800 dollar camera sitting around and after reading rumples thread i couldnt stand the idea of buying the shit they sell around here anymore. if i wanna get some serious weed i gotta drive out to bumf*ck egypt and pay 180 a half or i gotta deal with a buncha people that id rather never see again much less hand my hard earned money to. i decided it was time to grow my own. the pump i got puts out 110 lpm of air out of 12 valves. thats like running 20 lpm of air in each bucket as opposed to 4. standard pumps get 2lpm per outlet.

8. 42 hours later.

9. 23 hours later. the only co2 she gets is from me breathin on her. the nute burns could have been avoided if i only could hook up my reverse osmosis. driving to jewel to get water has become a problem. often times ill have to show up 3 times before the water tank has anything at all in it. my plant drinks like a quart a day and the ec rises pretty fast. i need to get my hands on a digital camera. my macbookpro doesnt take the best pictures.

10. Nice job on the Rumple style bubble buckets.

Looking at your last pics, I don't think you've got nute burn. The yellowing on the edges of the leaves, as well as the way they're curling suggests you've got the beginning stages of a potassium deficiency.

What type of lighting are you using?
    What's your reservoir temp?
    What nutes?
    What ppm?

Oh, yeah, and what's your pH looking like?

11. i started out with 10 seeds, so i figured id run them all 10 and run a 1000w mh. well this strain just doesnt like growing from seed. or something. like 4 had serious germinating problems and 3 died from just not being too happy and two died from a light collapsing on them. maybe im just a total newb. ive brought up like a 100 weed seeds to be 6"-12" inches tall throughout my childhood, no joke, and i have never had any experience like the one i had with these seeds. they were just soo smaallll. well anyways im running a 1000w mh a good 3 feet overhead and im using the lucas feeding formula, which keeps the ec at about .9-1.2. i just put 17.5 ml micro and 35 ml bloom in a clean bucket every 10-14 days and fill it with 3.5 gallons of reverse osmosis water before i hook the airstones up to the pump and place my plant on inside. i keep the ph at 5.8-5.9. once im using all the buckets im going to have to find a new way to fill and drain.. and im going to have to hook up a res to all 5 buckets, which im still kinda in the dark about.

12. about the res temp, i dont have a res yet, but the water in the bucket stays seriously cool with the radiant barrier. like it just came out the spout at jewel. i do add back nice cold fresh 6.0 ph water on almost a daily basis. she drinks like a quart a day. after 2 weeks id say the temp goes up MAYBE 10 degrees. but i dont have a thermometer to tell you. i would also be running floros instead of a 1000wer, but i dont really have the money for it. being a jobless rollerblader has its upsides and downsides. so does running a 1000w'er.

13. help needed, i was reading through your white widdow grows final pages and noticed you said the weed was too strong for you and that you did not enjoy it. i totally understand 100 percent. i have grown up in a more stressful environment than most. my moms always been senile, she grew up on dirt floors in plastic shoes best friends with her skitzo brother. my father is the worst example of a man in all of history. my parents are like oil and water together. it is MY personal belief, that taking any psychoactive substance can result in a serious explosion of built up anxiety, stress, anger, etc. i have smoked unbelievable looking weed before and thought i was going to die. nay, i was so stoned i thought i was dead. on a couple occasions. about 1/4 of the people i know who smoke weed have had really bad experiences. whenever i smoke joints i get a racy heart and a little anxiety. and i have an incredible incredible tolerance. ill smoke 3/4 a gram in a swisher to myself and feel fine. as a matter of fact, i smoked marlboro reds for 4-5 years like a chimney, and its because i smoked a 1.1 blunt of some white popcorn lookin weed with my friend that i freaked out thinking i was going to die and quit smoking cigarettes. i havent smoked a cig in... 4 years. also ive beat the living hell out of myself rollerblading for 10+ years, flying off of rooftops and sh*t. ive broken a dozen bones in my hands. i get really f*cked up highs sometimes, feeling all sorts of crazy feelings of despair and whatnot. also smoking in a dirty house or an uncomfortable environment.. not good. i personally believe there is no better way to consume thc than in food. put a stick of butter in a crock pot and cook .5-1 gram per tablespoon on low for 24 hours. strain weed and store butter in freezer. if you drink a quarter of a grams worth of thc in your morning tea, you will feel extra good all day.

14. it is also my personal belief that weed making you freak out is almost your bodies way of telling you something else is wrong. i.e dehydration, lack of sunshine, you know. maybe i just think too much but.. who knows.

15. Here's your problem. You're using an older version of the Lucas Formula. Lucas has revised the formula somewhat. Instead of using the growth stage to determine nute strength, you should be using the type of lighting as the determining factor.

Lucas now recommends using the 0-5-10 ratio under CFL's, and using 0-8-16 under HIDs. So if you're using 3.5 gallons of water you should be using 28ml of micro and 56ml of bloom.

16. i can see some nute burn as it is.. but ill try that in my next fill up, maybe 8 days away. ill make sure not to let the ec drop below what shes already at, just in case these burns im seeing are in fact due to underfeeding.

17. update.. i just won 15'x20' of 2"x2" nylon screen, and a 600w hps set up. more photos soon to come.

18. you just "won"? what the hell did you enter a cannabis growings dream setup sweepstakes? lol, sign me up next time homie!

19. ha, no ebay my friend.

20. hahah ok. I got put on hold on ebay cuz I haven't paid them yet.. lmao, I owe them $60 and I don't have any money in my old bank account that I registered with them. hahahah stupid bastards!!!!:hello: