Here we grow again....

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by wizewizo, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Welp, got clones transplanted into thier 3" netcups finally. Still have to do reservoir changes on the girls in flowering, but savin that for later this evening. I'll make sure to post some pics of the op, since i missed yesterday and the gf currently is using the Nikon. Everything growin' good on this end, til later....

peace

2. Pics as promised, first few are of the clone room. They are on day 11 from bein' taken. Just got the clones in netpots today and split between two aero units. Topped all the cuttings except one of the ape's. In case anyone is wondering why there is only 5 clones since there were 6 cuttings, soul420666 managed to get a clone of the ape from me. So like promised, got you up and growin'! Anyways the final pics are of the ape in day 20 of flowering. she is comin along nice. hopefully some more folks will stop by and gimme some feedback.

peace ya'll

Attached Files:

3. I know its boring. I know, I know but I have always loved watchin my lil'babies grow. So here we have pics of a few a day and a half after being topped. Tons of new growth pouring out, they will probably go under my other 400w hps in about a week or so. yeah, just checked the calendar and they need to go in on the 30th. Planning on harvesting one set of plants each month. So hopin for close to 6-7 zips a month. Stay tuned tis about to start gettin real fun. :hello:

Attached Files:

4. Almost at the magical number of 420 views.... And yet I still only have one person who has even made a comment. Gee, I feel like a wiener. :(

5. those cuttings look great man... just one more reason to go aero...

6. #26 wizewizo, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009

Thanks buddy, I'll post some pics up today so you can see the growth in aero just in another day in a half from the last pics. Root systems have exploded, happy plants make happy growers. I am so impressed with how the plants have responded to adding those two 23w 5600k cfl's.

Thanks again for checkin back. :smoking:

7. hey man, i like your cloning idea. i was wondering the clones you took were they from a plant that has already budded or did you top before flowering? heres my grow journal now, i plan on taking clones off the plants i have now in the future but have a few questions. just take a look at my thread and i like how your doing the lst. by bending them so far it really makes it grow out well.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/464187-fisrt-grow-bubble-buckets-help-please.html

8. Thanks for peepin' the grow applesighter. The clones were taken from the plants that are under the 400w hps now. Took them roughly a week into flowering. I have gone as far as two weeks into flowering before takin' cuttings from a plant. however, i wouldnt recommend anything over a week really cuz then the plants usually go threw a regeneration process and takes a little longer to veg. As for the lst, i def wouldnt say i follow that tech, i dont tie any branches down, i just am constantly training them. I have grown scrog before and found it to be way more work(and I hate plants being trapped in one place) , with zero differnce in yield. providing you are attentive and form an even canopy by training your plants.

thanks once again for stoppin by and i'll def swing by yer journal again....

9. #29 wizewizo, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2009
    So here's some more pics of the cuttings on day 15 for them. 6 more days til they are goin into flowering. Gonna switch their nutrient solution to a full veg solution. I am still running 1/4 strength.

and as for the other pics just wanted to demonstrate how close i am able to keep the lights to the tops of canopy. They are no more than 6" away from the 400w hps rockin away. Temps at the tops never get above 85 so never worry about them burning, unless I am unable to tend to them for a few days, in which case i just raise the lights a few inches and then once i return tend to bendin some stems and then get my light back down as low as possible.

oh yeah, cant forget to have some classical music goin at all times. i make sure to have it about them so they reach for the heavens above.

til next time...

Attached Files:

10. Looks like fun man! You make me jealous.

11. It's load of fun brotha! I'm not tryin to make anyone jealous, just tryin' to get everyone to grow! hehe

12. is it fine to take the cuttings once you have found out its gender? ive heard it can take up to a week to show the white pistils for the females, but if they begin to show it is still okay to top and make cuttings. is that correct?

13. Whenever i have grown from seed, i just take cuttings as soon as there are some available from the host plant. root the cuttings taken, and switch to a 12/12 cycle. timeline is dependent upon stain, but usually within a week you'll be able to sex the host plant, without messing with its lighting cycle.

as for cutting the main stem, i never do that once plants have been switched to flowering and never should by anyone for that matter. topping should be done with at the very least like a week before flowering. give those nodes a chance to grow and realize they are now the two main colas of the plant. if you dont allow these nodes to mature you will end up with some very very small cola's.

Peace

14. so yeah, spent about 5 mins describing the pics and then my browser crashed... so if you wanna know whats goin on here just ask. but the last pic is of my renewed recommendation. gotta love cali

peace everyone

Attached Files:

15. what the hell is going on in these pictures? did your plants just magically become a foot tall? cuz I remember not more than a week ago they were like just sprouting roots! WTF?! This is truly amazing! please explain.

16. LOL! well, they are actually only 8" tall but have lots of nice node growth so they'll become li'bush's here real quick. They'll def be ready to pop into flowering come wednesday! I would say though that the combo of aero and sonic bloom is workin out quite nice! we'll see just how big they can get in the next few days before goin to flowering. they got fresh water and full veg nutes goin on so i am really anxious to see the sonic bloom in action when i open up the closet in the morning (everyone's afternoon more like it) but yeah, here's some pics as promised since i had the girls out for reservoir changes. the first two are the jack herer's (take about a week and a half longer to flower than the ape) and the second two are of the grape ape. she is really starting to fill out now. she's a bit all over the place when she out in the open but when she's tucked in her spot all those node's over on the right are up under the canopy.

peace everyone

'til tomorrow..... i'll def be posting some more pics and what not

17. LMAO! was hella stoned on that last post and forgot to upload the pics. hehe

so ye, try this again this time

Attached Files:

18. Well I know this doesnt have anything to do with my current grow. but I was going through my hard drive cleaning shit off of it and I cam across some of my old pics and what not, thought you guys might like to see what I had goin on at one time. haaa, i miss those days.

Attached Files:

19. so the first two pics in the last post are of the two 400w hps, third pic is of 1000w hps on the lightmover over the same area as the two 400w hps. few pics of some buds, the veg, and the systems that i made and sold on ebay and used myself with great results. Hope you enjoyed the pics and thanks for stoppin' bye

peace

20. that 10 plant aero unit is pretty sweet... how much would you ask for one like that?