Here..we..go!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by euphoria526, Apr 21, 2020.

1. [​IMG][​IMG]
    And here we are this morning. I see the wilato really wants to start growing, showing less signs of wear and tear. The other one SEEMS to be putting along but it’s hard for me to tell. I’m starting to think I have a drainage issue, as the cups feel bottom heavy at times when the top is feeling dry. Thinking of checking them, regular feedings if weak solution and water at 50ML is barely coming out through the bottom of the cup. Even after letting Th em dry out for a day the bottoms still felt a little
    Heavy. Waiting for the coco to dry up a tad more before checking below in the possible root zone. Might add more perlite to the bottoms of they aren’t draining enough.

2. [​IMG]this morning.
    I had a sneaking suspicion that the drainage wasn’t happening properly, so I cut bigger holes in new cups and added 1/2 inch just perlite at the bottoms.
    The old cups looked like the coles were covered and weren’t allowing proper drainage.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Also both had some decent looking seeker roots at the bottom, not brown, no funky smell so I’m thinking it’s the drainage.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Here we are today. Not much change has happened here.

[​IMG]

Looking back, I don’t know the ph or ppm’s of the coco directly, was thinking of doing a flush of just ph’d water and getting a reading so as to take the next step. Any thoughts or suggestions?

4. [​IMG]

Here we are this morning. Still looking like they are hanging on somehow.
    Gave a little bit of 1/4 strength nutes to receive a tad of runoff. Leaving them alone till tomorrow.

These were the numbers I got.
    Control jug: (1/4 nutes ph’d water)
    486 ppm’s/ .9 EC. [for the record when I checked yesterday the ppm’s of the jug were at 500] Ph around 6.0( piss yellow on the color spectrum).

Wilson runoff: 502 ppm/ 1.0 EC and yellow ph

Wilato runoff:
    524ppm/ 1.04 EC and yellow ph

Runoff was about the same amount of liquid as I put in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Keep it calm. They don't do much for the first week
    Glad to see there's life!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app