Here is the meaning of life

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Ninja20p, Oct 12, 2013.

1. The people that existed before us didn't deserve to live, therefore our lives have no meaning.

any questions.

2. I thought this was the meaning of life...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. We're just here to fuck like the rest of the mammals.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. We're not here to fuck, although we do seem to like doing it. We need to fuck to continue as a species, at least for now. Nobody deserves to live, and yet everybody has a right to do so. I would go further and say everyone has a right to food and water, shelter, clothes, warmth, space. There's enough planet, and enough resources, to ensure that, but it's only really politics and man's greed that stops that.

Our lives have as much meaning as we give it, and without the ancestors we wouldn't be here at all. The dead ones had as much right to life as anyone. Therefore the OP makes no sense. Any questions.

5. The purpose of life in the fourth dimension: ascend to the fifth dimension.

How?  Inner peace.

6. #6 Boats And Hoes, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013

Well, if one truly believes that, then that means your meaning in life is defined by getting fucked by life.

The meaning of cognizant life is to try and understand "life".

7. Life was inevitable, meaning of life is to simply evolve. Yet each of us have our own egotistical reasons to live. Which isn't all bad.

"Deserve?"  Deserve is utterly irrelevant, we're here because the people that came before us learned how to survive in harsh and unforgiving environments, so I think evolution as a concept would differ with you.  When you start talking about deserving you enter a realm of value judgements, and such sentiments are not helpful when assessing reality.

Life has no meaning and never did, any meaning there is we find that and make it so, but beyond that life just is.  Because we think the way we do we certainly preoccupy ourselves with these existential questions, but a multitude of life forms around us manage just fine not doing, no, they just go on living and doing their thing.  Human beings could learn a lot about living from looking around at the organisms that exist everywhere.

9. The meaning of life is to be happy and then reproduce lol.

I would go further and say everyone has a right to obtain food, water, shelter, clothes, warmth, and space. Has to come from somewhere! :smoke:

11. The meaning of life as a 21 year old: live as carefree and as easy as possible. Don't get trapped into bullshit or negative people and life will turn out just fine. :smoke:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. that was the first real thing I've heard from in a long time.

13. Life has no meaning. "meaning" has no meaning. I have no meaning. Nothing has any meaning.

What a load off. :bongin:

14. My meaning in life is to have fun, get fucked up, smoke as much weed as possible with little responsibilities! Sounds a good enough life to me!

15. the meaning of life.. you could've been some one celled organism in another galaxy on a distant planet.. id be thankful of life and respect it, as it is prescious. and if you don't think life is prescious, meet my dying grandma, then try to tell me that.

16. The meaning of life is a composite of subjectively formulated opinions based off individual experience.

17. I should just buy a van and say fuck this shit

I tell myself all the time, I should just move out, buy an RV, and travel across the country or even world. 

If only it wasn't easier said than done.

19. its not that hard. we are just kinda pussies

20. geeez wheres the positivity people