Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Here go the brownies! First cannabutter try.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by budlover13, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Title pretty much says it. I'm new to the grow scene and therefore have found myself with more trim, both from mine and from friends. I looked up recipes and found that there are as many ways to make it as there are recipes to cook with it. So, I took some basics and jumped in. 3/4oz sugarleaf trim(no stems or waterleaves) and 3/4oz of bud from my first harvest(which I was happy with), 1 lb of butter, and 2 cups water. The material was finely ground in a coffee grinder. Mixed it all together in the crock-pot and cooked on low for 8 hrs before straining twice through cheesecloth(I need a pree. Spoon and bowl suck), refrigerating over-night, and removing the seperated water. My wife is making brownies using 2/3cup(about 3/8 of a pound) melted butter instead of the vegetable oil it calls for. Brownies are getting ready to come out and I'm kinda excited, but not too much because I don't know how potent it is. Last time I had an home-made edible it kicked my ass and my wife said I was rambling incoherently. I guess I'll find out. I told my wife that if I start stoned rambling to encourage me to get online and make another post. Wish me luck!

2. Don't forget to post. You'll be so high man ahaha :smoke:

3. Well, here I sit, VERY comfortable, after eating about 1/4 of a 9x13" pan. I'm starting to think that I may have eaten a little too much, but I LOVE brownies! I LOVED the taste, even more than regular brownies. I can feel myself starting to slip away a little, DEFINITELY sleeping good tonight! Might post in a few again but I don't know that I'm going to be up much longer since I am finding myself zoning every few minutes and then snappong back for a couple then zoming again. My wife is kinda starting to laugh at me, she says my eyes are slammed.:smoke:

4. HAHA. I still haven't tried brownies, but I want to soooo bad.

5. You were fucking high I bet.

I ate TWO firecrackers that had 2 grams split between 4 and I was FUCKED up for 6 hours.

6. I had the best night's sleep I've had in years! Two brownies and a glass of ice cold milk is the path to true happiness!:D Seriously though, it was definitely narcotic. I woke up this morning having not move a bit and with some drool on the pillow. Not complaining at all, just making a note so that I can adjust my method next time to get a more sativa-type effect. Thinking I'll cut my cook time in half. I think I'm going to have a brownie for lunch:hello::hello::hello::D!

7. You think you'll be able to raise THC levels by cooking on low? Or lower CBD levels?

8. Lower CBD's. I think I may have cooked longer than needed for that sativa high. Definitely medicinal levels of CBDs though.

9. Yeah, I've done low and high temp lipid frys of the same cannabis (fry on low, strain, new oil, fry again on higher temp) and the higher fry was a much stronger stone, with the lower fry being a bit less of the body high.

10. I think it was your recipe that I saw for frying. Looked pretty interesting. I'm starting to really like the idea of concentrates and edibles!:hello:

11. Yeah, I'm all about frying edibles and making tinctures. I try not to smoke that often, but every one in a while..

12. That's the path I'm headed down too. I'm quitting cigs finally, and would like to get away from smoking cannabis too and go with other methods instead. Except, that is, when I'm with a buddy I haven't seen in awhile or just the occasional joint.:D

13. Yeah. I think big batches of edibles and tinctures are the way to go. stay medicated without the carcinogens

14. I just imagine you at home everyday making edibles paleo lol. Do you work?!?

Ya know that wildwill glycerine i made its been shelved for 2 weeks it smells like weed death i bet its rdy.

Whats a better way to make tincture then his crockpot method?

15. Yeah I work part time and go to University too.

I think WildWills got the best method out there for the glycerine extraction

16. Hmm in that case i rly want to try it now. It was strong before i let it sit.

17. are you gonna dose sublingually or vape it? I want it for e cigs

18. man i just saw the step by step for e cigs looks badass. Idk. How much r e cigs? Sublingual is how i tested it.

19. So it worked sublingually? Cool. Yeah, e cigs arent that much only probably 60 bucks