Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HerbalRemedies' Pot Brownies 101 - Picture Tutorial

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by HerbalRemedies, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Made some last night...1oz for 1/2cup of oil for 13x9 batch of brownies and it must have been WAY OVER KILL!!! Was hoping to use it for anti depressant for her but she was freaking out (she's never been stoned before). She did have a pretty good sized brownie. She was anti ALL drugs before, I had her be a little more open minded after all I have learned about it in the past few years, and now this horrible experience on her first edible. She puked a bunch of times, said she couldn't talk or control the movement of her body, and at one point she was clinging to the bed because she felt like she was levitating. Craziest shit I've ever seen from some weed. She still isn't right, today at 5pm and she ate the brownie at 1030pm last night.

2. Sounds like a dramatic performance indeed.

That being said, edibles are hard to dose. I mean, you can think of them as being rougly equal to or less than the equal part of what you used divided thusly. But something about cooking and simmering in that oil, gets all the goodness out. Every time I've made them, they always surprise the shit out of me in how strong they are. I do notice it's more a body high, but eat enough, and it encroaches on very visual. Also, the duration is much longer, at several hours, to a full day, depending on how much you eat. Remember that most of the breakdown of food happens in the stomach, but that the absorption happens in the intestine. A lot of people actually crash after eating a bunch of brownies.

3. way overkill, all you need for 1/2cup of oil is 5grams of weed.

PMed you with a better guide :)

4. Awesome recipe.
    Made these and they turned out great, incredible high for about 4 hours.
    +rep :D

5. I'm going to try this recipe but Im really hesitant , i made a batch about 3 days ago and they sucked ....... because i only heated up the bud in the oil for like 7 min. not long i know. im only going to use about 8 or 9 grams of some headies. i think it will be straight?

please pointers and tips will be greatly appreiacted!!!!

6. holy fuck man i want that brownie!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Way overkill... yes. definitely.

When you ingest thc the liver breaks it down into 11-Hydroxy-THC which is way more psychoactive than thc.

8. So is it just the texture that keeps people from grinding up the bud really fine before soaking it in the warmed/melted butter and then just leaving it in as opposed to straining?