Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Herbal smokes, legal buds, etc. - NEED ADVICE

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Rekisito, Nov 17, 2007.

1. I'm posting this here cause I need all of you 'seasoned tokers' advice on what herbal smokes you have tried that you have liked.

This is for my friend who is on probation for the next six months. I'd like to help him find something to smoke on that DOESN'T suck like all the shit from the smokehops here.... He's been smoking some stuff called Crypto or Krypto... I tried some and I thought it was lame.

So anyone know of any good subs for MJ that they have tried personally?

2. No. i tried "Hawiian Gold" and it was shit. Things like that typically just make my throat sore.

I hear decent reviews on Spicce GOld though, maybe someone will say something about that.

3. Yeah i've heard Spice Gold is a sort of sleepy-stoner type buzz. But then again it better fuckin do something @ $30 for an 1/8th. Honestly, if there was a "good," "substitute" for marijuana we would all already be smoking it :)

4. there are quite a few that work. I never quite understood why people would assume that they don't, they are just made of plants, thats all mj is.

spice and spice gold smoke like mid quality bud but its missing something. 99-0 chillin and xxx chillin are also very good.

But be careful, there are many herbal blends out there that don't do anything.

I'd say go to spiceworld and pick up a sample of spice. It will work and will smoke like mid quality bud, but if you are always smoking headies or are any type of pot snob, you probably wont like it due to it's price.
    You pay for it's legality.

gold star is another good one, just don't overuse them, they are more potent per ammount than mj, and overdoing it will make an unpleasant experience.
    That is part of why sometimes legals get bad reviews.

5. i'm not a pot snob... i'd just rather pay to get high, and not out the ass for a cheap alternative that costs the same. IF spice gold was $30 for an ounce or some crap like these other herbal blends then maybe, right now its just worth it -imho.

6. just to add- xxx chillin is/was just about as close to mj as far as legal blends go, that I've ever smoked . most sites have removed the product though due to paranoia of future legal troubles from such a powerful blend.

again, legals work, just take salvia as a prime example.
    Don't judge somethings possible potency by its legal status. If weed were made legal tomorrow would you insist it can't work or we would be smoking it?

"i'm not a pot snob... i'd just rather pay to get high, and not out the ass for a cheap alternative that costs the same. IF spice gold was $30 for an ounce or some crap like these other herbal blends then maybe, right now its just worth it -imho"

mj should be $30 an ounce too, but since it is illegal its price is very high. legal herbs take advantage of that.
    besides, if it costs the same and you are looking for an alternative, how can you complain about an alternative that costs the same and say you would rather smoke bud?

You're confusing man :) either way those are working alternatives that many thousands of people can attest work and are worth the money.
    legals are best for people on probation or with children they cannot risk losing, and drug testing jobs.

7. crack is a good substitute when you can't smoke weed
    just kidding

all ive heard about spice gold is its like smoking weed, but it lasts like 3 or 4 hours
    but i bet just like weed if you built up a tolerance to it the high wont last as long
    but i also heard it makes you tired as fuck (you can barley keep your eyes open)

so i guess if your just looking for a good substitute spice golds your best option

8. and to milox3 have you ever smoked that goofy ass lookin bud off of herbalsmokeshop or something along those lines?
    cause that kinda shit is why everyone thinks legals dont work

9. salvia isn't in the same league as pot at all - one of the reason i've never thought about trying these "herbal" blends is because most of them having small amounts of salvia - I guess so it has some tiny effect out of it. Salvia is something you have to do in a good enviroment, pot is something I smoke in any enviroment. I'm not saying legals dont work, i'm just saying the cost doesn't make me wanna jump to it. I could pick up an 1/8th for the same price as Spice Gold, which one am I gonna chose? Also with weed I know what i'm getting, I dunno what i'm getting with this herbal crap - yadida...

10. you know I just don't get some people *shrugs*

"salvia isn't in the same league as pot at all - one of the reason i've never thought about trying these "herbal" blends is because most of them having small amounts of salvia - I guess so it has some tiny effect out of it. Salvia is something you have to do in a good enviroment, pot is something I smoke in any enviroment. I'm not saying legals dont work, i'm just saying the cost doesn't make me wanna jump to it. I could pick up an 1/8th for the same price as Spice Gold, which one am I gonna chose? Also with weed I know what i'm getting, I dunno what i'm getting with this herbal crap - yadida..."
    \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t________

nobody said salvia was in the same league.
    I'm sure most of us could get an eighth for a good price but this a topic about legal alternatives.
    legals are not a competitor to bud, but an alternative, and sometimes just a different smoke all together. mj isn't the only buzz in the world. You can't always just say "is trait A like bud, how about trait B". If you want bud get some bud, if you can't or don't want to, try some of the legals. the sice and spice gold, chillin, and spiceworlds galaxy blends, all work extremely well.

It's just not the best idea to use herb as the measuring stick for legals, thats how alot of fud gets spread around.

P.S: most of the legit legals do not contain salvia, but remember combining certain chemicals has a synergizing effect sometimes. just because small bits of salvia may have little effect unless they are extract, mixed with blue lotus extract and put on a bit of good legal stuff like gold star is a beautiful thing.

walking into legals with a closed mind is what gives alot of it a bad name that it really hasn't earned.

11. i agree with everyone who says chillinmix. Its definately the closest ive had to MJ, plus it smells like vanilla!

12. Here are some from the top of my head-

Indian Warrior
    Spice Gold
    99-0 Chillin Mix
    [SIZE=-1]Sinuichi
    Elephants Head
    Wild Dagga

...those have noticeable effects, not placebo. Indian warrior extract (buds are good but extract skyrockets)on top of some chillin mix were equivalent to a flying sativa high in my experience.

[/SIZE]

13. Sinicuichi is one of my favorite things. It most definitely gets you kinda high, and if you smoke it with weed you get twice as high. It's called the "sun opener" or something and I felt like it made my vision incredible. I could see so far. A friend smoked it with me and he noticed the same thing.

14. has any one tried this?

[​IMG]

it is $169 for a 1/2 pound and $49 bucks a oz

15. hawaiin gold bud does indeed look nice but will be a waste of money. It will not get you high at all.
    Smoke enough and you might get a little euphoria and a monster headache.

16. I read on another forum that the hawaiian herbal buds have no effect but are basically just good to add a good flavor to blunts and shit, still a rip off either way

17. so do these legal buds not show up on tests?

18. They are legal... of course not.